ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Arctic Cat (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/)
-   -   Picked up a new to me 2015 550 have questions (https://atvconnection.com/forums/arctic-cat/375185-picked-up-new-me-2015-550-have-questions.html)

Sidewayzz 03-11-2018 06:52 PM

Picked up a new to me 2015 550 have questions

Hello all...

I just took delivery of a 2015 TRV 550 XT and I am just curious if anyone on here has one and has had any issues with it. Any known issues that I may be able to address as preventable maintenance more or less. Its bone stock with low miles. I know I would like to add the Speedrack II front and rear racks. I have the regular tubular ones but really like the look of the flat plastic ones.

Ordered some LED lights and considering going with LED bulbs or maybe HID's. Really not looking for headaches especially when it comes to lights. Being stuck in the woods without light sucks! Ask me how I know. :lmao:

Last night was the maiden voyage around the neighborhood and got it up to 57mph and ran out of room. Its so comfortable and the power steering is so much better.

Any help or insight is appreciated..

hydrex 03-11-2018 08:35 PM

There are a lot of attachments for the "speed racks" . Rear seat, storage boxes. Get an accessories catalogue from a dealer, or Country Cat. Personally, I think the new plastic racks are slippery and less useful, but different strokes. TRV'S are great workhorses, if Textron stops making them, they lost me as a customer.

Sidewayzz 03-11-2018 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by hydrex (Post 3388447)
There are a lot of attachments for the "speed racks" . Rear seat, storage boxes. Get an accessories catalogue from a dealer, or Country Cat. Personally, I think the new plastic racks are slippery and less useful, but different strokes. TRV'S are great workhorses, if Textron stops making them, they lost me as a customer.

good point on the surface being slick when wet. Never thought of that. I was looking from aesthetics perspective. I have the rear seat and rack behind it that extends out as well as a windshield with mirrors. It’s a very well equipped machine and I’m very happy with it so far. Can’t wait to get it out on the trails. I’m downloading the manual and want to do whatever service is recommended just in case the previous owner didn’t do it. I know Kolpin has a lot of accessories but I don’t want to go crazy. I’m definitely looking at some websites but will get some catalogs for some old fashioned circle the items on the pages time..haha
thanks for the response I’ll post some pics this week for sure. Just want to clean it up a bit more.

Zrock 03-14-2018 11:21 AM

A Couple of things i would do.. Find a good suppler online and order a few extra CV boots i usually get 2 with shipping cheaper than i can buy one locally. If you have them you will never tear a boot..LOL
Take a afternoon and add grease fittings to your suspension it will smooth out the ride a touch and make things last longer.

Sidewayzz 03-14-2018 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Zrock (Post 3388730)
A Couple of things i would do.. Find a good suppler online and order a few extra CV boots i usually get 2 with shipping cheaper than i can buy one locally. If you have them you will never tear a boot..LOL
Take a afternoon and add grease fittings to your suspension it will smooth out the ride a touch and make things last longer.

Great info. Thanks! I order from Country Cat usually. I’ve got the shields on the CV shafts but I’ll get a couple boots also. I’ll look at the suspension also for adding fittings.