Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

help!! I'm ready to burn my arctic cat.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-INJECT...-/291768469655

A lot better than $180, but does anyone have any experience with them?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Been saying test it all along instead of just throwing parts at it even if they are cheap... Not sure id trust a cheap ebay part its a long walk if your out riding in the middle of noware. Strange about the compression tester mine had everything i need

Old 01-04-2019, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock
Been saying test it all along instead of just throwing parts at it even if they are cheap... Not sure id trust a cheap ebay part its a long walk if your out riding in the middle of noware. Strange about the compression tester mine had everything i need
The testor I had didn't have 10mm adaptor. All the shops told me in town non of their testors carry that adaptor either. It was cheap and easy to order it though.

I haven't had a chance to work on the atv. My 12 year old truck needed new glow plugs put in ASAP. I did that yesterday. IF you've ever replaced glow plugs you'll understand the headache they can be and can turn from a 2 hour job to a 12 hour job farily easily. I had to give a family member a hand all day today so I couldn't get to it today either. Tomorrow is the day.. I've set aside almost the whole day to figuring it out.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol

LOL thats why i never tryed to change the glow plugs in my old ford. I found a empty box in the glove box from a cheap glow plug that was famous for swelling so i knew i was going to have issues

Old 01-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maybehonda
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FUEL-INJECT...-/291768469655

A lot better than $180, but does anyone have any experience with them?

I've used some Caltric parts. So far I haven't had any issues. They are Chinese made aftermarket. So, hit or miss.

I looked up the actual Arctic Cat part and I think it was around $90 online through an Arctic Cat dealer.

Given my experience with Caltric parts, I'd probably give it a try although if the OP discovers his injector is leaking for certain, then I'd probably buy the OE part.

Bear in mind, the injector may be leaking intermittently so it may not be obvious the first time.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Any updates on this quad?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry I finally got a chance to pick at the ATV just now. Family and work issues kept me too busy to justify sitting in the garage and putting everything else on the back burner.

I just tested the compression, about 35 psi. I tried several times, tightening the tester in between and I cranked the engine over many times but it never budged past 35psi. Acceptable range for a 500 cc cat engine is 70-85 I beleive.

The engine was cold. Like 10 degrees C cold.

I had to come back inside to help put the kids to bed, but tomorrow night I will do the test with a hot engine. If no compression I'll put a ounce of oil in the cylinder and try again. If no compression is gained and I still have 35psi, could the valves being that out of adjustment cause such low pressure?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

IF kids stop crying and screaming tongiht I'll go warm it up and try again.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:57 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Warming it up really is not going to change the PSI reading by much to make a difference. It should be 120-140psi cold WOT and 80-120 psi cold WOT. If your calves are out that far you may have caused some damage. I would pull the top off and check things out since its only the price of a gasket and some rings if you want to freshen those up while your in their

Old 01-21-2019, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock
Warming it up really is not going to change the PSI reading by much to make a difference. It should be 120-140psi cold WOT and 80-120 psi cold WOT. If your calves are out that far you may have caused some damage. I would pull the top off and check things out since its only the price of a gasket and some rings if you want to freshen those up while your in their

I agree, warm vs cold isn't going to account for that much.

Are you sure its 120-140 psi? When I sereached I found 70-85 psi. It's the 500 cc single cylinder engine. I think the higher psi's are the twins.

I won't be able to do a engine tear down until the summer. But I will do it.

Curious if my starter could be the issue to not get high compression? How many cranks per minute should it be putting out?

I will be wamring it up and retesting later tonight. If its the same compression I'll add oil and see if it jumps up.

Quick Reply: help!! I'm ready to burn my arctic cat.