Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Jeepersmitty: Are you there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2001, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to know how you were making out with the new Cat. I had posted some questions and such in the first post after you got the new machine.. I was just wondering if you saw them. We are all waiting for the review! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Newf

Old 10-10-2001, 07:52 AM
Trailblazer

NeWf, Yes, I'm still out here. Busy though. On vacation this week, we are having hardwood floors installed in the house. Just spent the last couple of weeks ripping up old floor. Now, lets move on to the Cat. Got it at Johnsons, with winch and new rear bumber. The winch was an extra $ 200 installed.Remember folks, we are talking Canadian dollars. My Honda buddy and I were out and I got to try out the winch. Glad I got it. He was stuck over his wheels in a large bog. We ended up with the back of the cat tied to a tree and and the winch to the Honda. Some say a 2500 lb. winch is more than you need. Well it was needed that day. If you remember from my last story, I had to haul the Honda out of an other mud hole. To be fair, the Honda rides lead, as I don't know the trails, I ride saftey, so the Cat does all the towing duty. We have gone through some deep black mud and the Cat works great. The Honda, with Bear Claws goes first,has a slight problem going through and climbing out, getting hung up, backing up, and finally climbing out. I wait til he clears the hole, in I go and the cat doesn't miss a beat, through the mud, climbs out, no problem. In the rough, rocky stuff, I just put it in low range and crawl over the rocks with no problem. We went out the other day on a real rough, rocky trail. The ground clearance was great. It bumped only a couple of times. When we got back my buddy increased the air pressure in his tires to increase ground clearance. When we told people of the trail we were on, they all said, that that trail is too rough this time of year and they would only use it in winter when it is covered with snow. Not putting on many miles now as I'm getting ready for deer hunting and the Cat is hauling me and my stuff to my hunting spot. Next time out I think I'll switch bikes with my buddy and see what he thinks. Gotta run, the floor installers arrive this morning.

Old 10-10-2001, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply. I won't keep you too long from your vacation. It is nice to hear that you like the Cat and that it is working out for you. I will try to go out to Johnson's this weekend if I can to see the 500's and possibly test one. I wanted to go last weekend but I had to help my dad dig up and refit a drainage pipe. Oh well. I will have to call and see when they close on Sat. I am assuming they will close around 1:00 like all the other dealers I know of. We also got a '96 double ATV/snowmobile trailer last weekend, so I am just itching to see the cat up on it!! Good luck with the floors you are putting in!

Newf