Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

We need to stand up and be heard!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Living out west I don't play in the mud all that much so I really have no need for a locker. My main interest would to make that already smooth riding cat even smoother. I would like some after market shocks like Works, PEP, something with a dual rate spring and adjustable compression dampening and rebound.
Also, Some wheel spacer would be nice. I don't want to go too wide just about an inch out each side.
Maybe a plastic cover for the metal racks. I like to put my small cooler on the front rack but it tends to fall through the spaces between the metal bars and rubs on the plastic.

Old 04-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

A locker would be wicked awesome for me. So many times I have come to the point where that one tire, if it would just turn I would be out. Oh well, thats the point where I back up a little more, put the good old cat in 2nd gear and floor it, make those tires spin and carry your speed through the mud with high rpms, your going to make through forsure. I love doing that, makes me love my quad so much.

What else would nice? A new dash to replace the crappy looking one we currently have, why couldn't they make a nice one? Oh well. A good solid front bumper where you could yank and pull from. The current front bumper is far from solid and you can't attach a rope to it to yank from. The winch plate I would never attach a rope to, those loops on either side of the roller fairlead would never take a jerk without bending the crap out of them.

So in recap:

-a locker that can be put in and out on command
-a new dash, a nice one (speedo)
-a new front solid bumper

Old 04-24-2002, 01:45 PM
Range Rover

I agree with the front bumper and maybe brush guards on the bumper to protect the headlights!

Old 04-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

But the bumper needs to look good too. It can't be all home made with crappy welds using angle iron. Warn or someone needs to step up to the plate and build a quality bumper for ATVs. The bumpers you can buy now, I don't consider these real bumpers, more like thick brush guards for the front, there is no way it can take the impact of a tree that stops the quad dead. I'm probably dreaming, ATVs (utility) will never get the aftermarket support that we want.

Old 04-24-2002, 02:53 PM
Range Rover

Reply, I know what you mean about the bumper. Like one that if an old tree falls down on the trail you pull right up to it and try to shove it out of the way without worrying about bending your bumper. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2002, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly and powder coat it black. So the paint doesn't scratch off so easily. In reality this wouldn't cost allot but manufacturers like to soak us for every god damn penny.

I wonder how much money it really takes to build a quad. I bet it doesn't cost half of what we pay, just like trucks and cars. Sad

Old 04-24-2002, 05:24 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

I kind of like the dash, simple is best just think of all the problems a digital unit could have (they do look nice). All Cats really need are a locker, progressive shocks and solid plastic racks... At least I'd be happy.

Old 04-24-2002, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Plastic racks would be nice, the dash wouldn't have to be digital, they could make a nice analog one, white face guages, red numbers. Make the shell of the speedo iteself nice too. Maybe make it glow a different color, like green? The plastic racks I think I would really like, I like metal ones but they get banged up over the years and rust and scratch. Hmm...what else....

Old 04-24-2002, 05:46 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

I really want to see plastic racks. That’s the only real feature I want from a Polaris... Wait grease able bears would be nice, but I haven't had any trouble with sealed ones yet either.

I'd like to receive my email notifications! I've tried re-entering my email address and modifying the customize. Any ideas?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2002, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

You don't want to be greasing anything. Bearings will go over time even if you have to grease them. Having to not grease your quad is such as nice plus. I hope it stays that way. I remember on my 94 King Quad the rear constant velocity joints never had a boot over them !! Funny thing is that they never broke all that often. Now if you see a ripped boot you are supposed to make getting it fixed your highest priority. Most things on the quad are just not that fragile but I still agree that you should get that boot fixed and keep it clean when it is ripped. I just find it ironic. The next model year the boots were added.

I don't know about your e-mail notification problem.

Quick Reply: We need to stand up and be heard!