Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

We need to stand up and be heard!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got an e-mail fron Highlifter telling about their new products, for the Vinson.
1. Gearless locker.
2. Progresive shocks
3. Aluminum wheel spacers.

I replied to them that was great for the Vinson owners, but how about some new products for our Arctic Cats. If they made a gearless locker for one AC that all 4x4 models could use the same one. I would think it to be cost effective, because of this.
What we need to do is send Highlifter a message stating that we want some new products for our Cats.

Old 02-10-2002, 11:53 AM
TG1
Pro Rider

I agree Highlifter need to start producing new products for Cats. Companies don’t realize that Cat popularity is increasing due to their bullet proof engines/trannies, strong front diff and the single lever brake. If a person doesn’t ride a Honda, Yamaha, or a Polaris then finding hop-up parts is a nightmare. In Maine I'm starting to see more cats and no one has a bad thing to say about them. Hopefully Highlifter will start an aggressive program to create new products for Cats.

My wish list (for the 250):
1) Adjustable shocks.
2) Solid (plastic) front rack (I made one out of plywood for my bayou).
3) Handle bar mounted light (Highlifter has that right now).

Old 02-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

I can't get on their site now but I will post a link to their product design manager. Maybe if we started sending some e-mail it may help our cause.
I rode at a local area yesterday and of course seen lots of Hondas, Polaris and not as many Yamahas. But I didn't see 1 Suzuki, Kawasaki or Bomb. We had 4 Cats in our group and I saw 4 others. That is a good ratio, I think. I only saw 3 Yamaha utility quads the rest were Sport quads. There are getting to quite a few Cats around these parts anyway. We need some new products.

Old 02-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

I have the email address for Mike Davis manager of product pevelopment. It is mike@highlifter.com We should all drop him a line and let them know we want sone new products.

Old 02-10-2002, 06:49 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Thanks for the email address. I just sent on out to Mr. Davis, I also suggested he visit some of the Cat forums. It’s surprising that no one has realized that the Cat owners are an untapped market. Hope we see some changes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2002, 08:12 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

mudcat47537
I just got an email from Mr. Davis he's what he sent.

We went inside an '02 AC500I front differential and the locker will not fit b/c of the way the dif is made. It cannot be disassembled to insert a
locker.

I'd like to thank him for replying to my email.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

I got the same thing, he did say they were working on items for the Cats. It doesn't look like anyone wants any thing though. I thought there would be more intrest than the 2 of us. Oh well. I knew the dif was spot welded, but they can be ground off to gain access. I guess the only hope now is if AC comes out with something for the 03, that will fit ours.

Trending Topics

Old 02-12-2002, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Mike Davis??/ WTF???? LMAO. Thats MIKE SMITH, AKA Scott Smith's (owner) Dad.
Anyway, I am fairly close with these guys and I promiss you guys that I will not let them forget about us Arctic Cat owners. Infact, I don't even really have to work hard, because High Lifter has already told me that they have big plan for the Arctic Cat 500i in the near future and that they will be coming out with many new and inovative products that they feel the ATV will require.

I believe that the reason that they are not making a front locker for the Arctic Cat front diff yet is because they are expecting ARctic Cat to add one on there 2003 models, if they would put all there time and money into making something that would not sell enough to cover there cost. So, I think that if Arctic Cat doesn't have anything by 2003 or 2004 I am almost positive that High Lifter will come out with some kind traction aid for the front end of the new Arctic Cats. But, with the rumors I've been hearing about, I don't think they will need to to be honest.

Old 02-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry Mr. Smith. The websit was down and I couldn't remember, I thought it was Davis.
I do hope you are correct Boner. I sure would like to have a locker. Especially if all the other makes have one.

Old 02-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

We hear you loud and clear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. We do plan to develop products for the A.C.

For whatever reason, the gearless locker for the Vinson seems to have touched a nerve. I would like to set the record straight on that product. This is not a new product designed for the Vinson. It is the Honda Rubicon locker. The Vinson has the same front diff. and we just learned that it fit. We didn't jump over A.C. and start making products for the Vinson. It was just a lucky break for us.

Please email us your ideas and wish list for any A.C. model you have.

Thanks
Scott
Team High Lifter

Quick Reply: We need to stand up and be heard!