Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

400i tires and power.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a Artic Cat fan for 30 some years,owmed snomobiles and recently a 2001 500 and last a 500i and i mean last!!!Was very disappointed in the 500i,in dyno tests it shows a whopping 14 horsepower,and it felt every bit of it,my wifes 500 auto was very quick and never felt underpowered,the 500i felt like you had the brakes on.Dealer here was great,checked it out,nothing wrong.Artic Cat stated you would lose 10% power with the independent susp,where is the 'more to go on slogan here'they were also unwilling to do anything as far as a trade,said it was engineered to perform this way and since dealer found nothing wrong,my loss.For 30 years i have bled Artic Cat colors,even in Texas i keep up with their progress with snopro having owned several sleds growing up in upstate New York.I sold the 500i,it went to Mexico to a apple plantation,some slow picking i guess,i bought a 660 Grizzly,have 28 inch mud tires on it,think i could put tractor tires and you couldn't tell with it,what power!!!!!Because of some phone operator for Artic Cat i now own another brand,go figure,did Artic save money by not responding to my problems,instead passing it off to the dealer,dont think so,yamaha came out ahead though.

Old 03-25-2002, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been a Artic Cat fan for 30 some years,owmed snomobiles and recently a 2001 500 and last a 500i and i mean last!!!Was very disappointed in the 500i,in dyno tests it shows a whopping 14 horsepower,and it felt every bit of it,my wifes 500 auto was very quick and never felt underpowered,the 500i felt like you had the brakes on.Dealer here was great,checked it out,nothing wrong.Artic Cat stated you would lose 10% power with the independent susp,where is the 'more to go on slogan here'they were also unwilling to do anything as far as a trade,said it was engineered to perform this way and since dealer found nothing wrong,my loss.For 30 years i have bled Artic Cat colors,even in Texas i keep up with their progress with snopro having owned several sleds growing up in upstate New York.I sold the 500i,it went to Mexico to a apple plantation,some slow picking i guess,i bought a 660 Grizzly,have 28 inch mud tires on it,think i could put tractor tires and you couldn't tell with it,what power!!!!!Because of some phone operator for Artic Cat i now own another brand,go figure,did Artic save money by not responding to my problems,instead passing it off to the dealer,dont think so,yamaha came out ahead though.