Answered: What Makes a Machine Non-Serviceable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 05:09 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Answered: What Makes a Machine Non-Serviceable?

One curious reader wants to know what the dealer told him his new puchase was non-serviceable. We investigate:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...rviceable-atv/

Old 10-30-2017, 08:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

In other words if you can't get a service manual, a parts break down list and a place to get parts, as well as no one will or can work on one,you may as well say it's a non-serviceable machine other than oil and filter and spark plug..

Old 10-30-2017, 11:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess they just expect you to throw it away and buy a new one every time some little thing goes wrong with it. Sadly, it probably didn't cost much less than a name brand machine in the same class that you could easily find parts for and someone to do the work. I've seen these machines they sell online. An atv or utv is something I would never purchase from an online retailer. I want to buy from a local dealer for support in case something isn't quite right. I do have a local mechanic that would probably at least attempt to fix something like this though. He'll work on anything with an engine, no matter the brand. His only limit is very heavy duty trucks as his lift isn't big enough to service those. Anything larger than a dually pickup would be too heavy. But any small engine machine from a weed wacker up to a motorcycle he'll work on.

Old 10-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've asked people on here who were talking about getting a no name Chinese brand, not from a dealer, where will you get parts, and who will service it? The answer is nowhere, and no one. Trying to save money by buying a no name brand can end up being more expensive in the long run than buying a name brand from a dealer who will service it.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

They always think the one they get will be the good one....but when it isn't..?

Old 10-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
They always think the one they get will be the good one....but when it isn't..?

I gamble a lot, like almost every day, but I don't like those odds, and the bet is too high priced.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the brand has no dealer supporting it, then I wouldn't buy it. CF Moto does have a local dealer. Its also a Can-Am and Polaris dealer but CF Moto is a brand they prominently display and fully support with several models in stock. I'm not sure I would choose CF Moto over a Can-Am or Polaris though.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:51 PM
Moto Psycho

There's CF Moto dealer almost 40 miles from here in a city I've never been to. There are 2 Polaris dealers less than 20 miles away and a Can-Am dealer 10 miles away. I won't be going out of my way to buy a Chinese made CF Moto.