Answered: Dawn of the Big Bore Chinese Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 02:06 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Answered: Dawn of the Big Bore Chinese Engine?

This week a reader inquires about the emergence of big bores coming out of China:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/a...chinese-scene/

Old 02-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

"That said, the times are changing. Gone are the no-name Chinese made ATVs that littered gas station and hardware store parking lots and in their place are offerings from Chinese manufacturers who have stood the test of time. Their choice of materials, tolerances, manufacturing process and quality assurance are second-to-none." Still a few out there like the ones at a firewood place near me. Couple sxs,a few no name atvs mixed in with the stacks of firewood. They ought to make good use of the firewood they sell and make a really good fire with them in the middle of it.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Their choice of materials, tolerances, manufacturing process and quality assurance are second-to-none." I'll believe that when I see it. On second thought, no I won't. I'd think my eyes were fooling me, or it was actually made elsewhere. It would be the first product of any kind I've seen to come out of a Chinese factory with materials, tolerances, manufacturing process and quality assurance second-to-none.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our local Can-Am dealer also sells CF Moto. Some of the units look pretty good but I just doubt they would be as reliable as any of the other major U.S. brands or the Japanese brands. They're not much less expensive either, so honestly not much incentive to gamble on them either. On the used market, they hold their value very poorly as well. Chinese will always mean lesser quality, no matter what they are building. It might not be as bad as it was years ago but it will never catch up. If it did, then the cost would be the same and nobody would buy it and the companies would go out of business.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

In many other forums in which I belong you will find many complaints and repairs needed on the CF moto machines. Cant say they are not improving but still have a long way to go and their price is not much less expensive either. Anyone searching for a machine just vivit the various forums and look thru the number of problems and complaints of all the various manufacturers, then make your decision on which one will give the best service.