ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Top speed in 5th gear on a honda big red 250?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top speed in 5th gear on a honda big red 250?

I have an 86 big red 250es and i put sx forks on the front (what a difference) it jumps a lot better it is les clumsey. it will do 56mph. i tested it with our car behind me. The front forks and smaller tire are about 25 pounds lighter also.

Old 07-27-2003, 02:13 AM
Range Rover

you're kidding right? you aren't really JUMPING a big red are you? that's like going for max air on a rincon! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

time to sell that one & look for a trike made for jumping.

one of my Big Reds has a factory speedo & I've had it up to exactly 50mph before. I probably could have eeked a few more mph out of it if I'd held it open long enough but I didn't want to beat on the motor like that for no reason.

Old 07-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

I have a custom 250sx and a 250r

Old 02-10-2004, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

My GPS showed 56 MPH on a paved road and it was bone stock. These things will haul @$$. The elevation here is about 8000 above. Later, Ride On and Get-R-Done

Old 02-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

Isn't 50mph-50mph regardless if its clocked by motorcycle or car/truck?

Old 02-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 250sx
you're kidding right? you aren't really JUMPING a big red are you? that's like going for max air on a rincon! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

time to sell that one & look for a trike made for jumping.

one of my Big Reds has a factory speedo & I've had it up to exactly 50mph before. I probably could have eeked a few more mph out of it if I'd held it open long enough but I didn't want to beat on the motor like that for no reason.

LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]......I love it!!!!! and agree

Old 02-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

A buddy of mine has a Honda Fourtrax 300,
and it was clocked at 55 on a rock road. My other
buddy's big red stayed with him

------------------

85 200x
Harley pipe
racing sprockets
350x front suspension

FAST

Old 02-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Yea im jumpin a big red. Lack of funds keeps me from gettin something else. But Im buildin a new one. At the moment it has cr250 dirt bike forks and a cb750 streetbike engine in it. Im workin on the rear buildin my own swingarm. Its hard to get the shock positions right.

Old 02-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

i got rid of the 250r i blew it up

Old 02-14-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

you fit a 750 bike engine into it?? damn....i love motor swaps....its just great to see people with things that were never meant to be from the factory because of lame *** tree huggers and saftey standards....there should be a motor swap club.....where is arcade? im next to connecticut/mass/ny border

Quick Reply: Top speed in 5th gear on a honda big red 250?