ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

TIGER

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIGER

Has anyone ever experienced the Tiger brand of three-wheelers offered from the 80's?? They were race ready off the show room floor and had brutal killer powerband characteristics.... I have never ever rode something that hit soooo hard.... Although I was 15 years old when I rode this bike back in 86 or so.... I will never forget the scream and the dam vibrations being sent up to the bars when this thing was on the pipe and everything was happening at eye watering speeds..... I presume that with all of this, it seemed that i was actually going faster than I actually was... I have rode plenty 2-strokes since then and never rode anything such since..... Everyone says that the Shee has a light switch powerband!! LOL---then they never rode a Tiger!! Is there any other people that know abouit this now obsolete brand of American made race ready bikes?? Unless, I am gravely mistaken this would be the very first race ready bike ever made straight off of the showroom floor!! Made by Americans and prettry successful with their venture as well............... I think that they went out of production in 92 or so....

Old 01-28-2004, 12:18 PM
3WF
Weekend Warrior
Default TIGER

Yes I have heard of them before allthough I have only seen them in pictures. Go to www.3wheelerworld.com and www.3wheelerworldforums.com. Talk to Trikeaholic he has a very nice Tiger 250. You can also check out some info on the Tiger 3 wheelers if you check out the Tiger link one 3ww's homepage. Tiger stopped making the trikes earlier than 92 since the CPSC banned the manufacturing of trikes in 1988. It was a ten year ban and the ban ended in 1998. Sadly they wont make trikes again. : (

Old 01-28-2004, 02:25 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

bump

Old 01-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

Trikeaholic has a veryveryveryveryveryverynice tiger, Another kid on there has one too, it is a project in hte making. I wouldn't mind having one of those beast

Old 01-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

There are only 2 people in this room that has ever heard of the Tiger?? They were stupid fast back in the hey day of the TT days!! 80cc all the way up to 500 cc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and 125, 200, and 250 in between...... I cannot believe that only 2 people in here have ever dealt with them!!

Old 01-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

All of those bikes were beasts...the 80 put out 12-14 horsepower, thats 5 less then a blaster and less then half the size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yea, i am going to be putting in a atv shop, so you might want to keep an eye out for trikes being reproduced[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Maybe have someone like Lonestar or somebody make me chassis' and then sign a deal with arctic cat or somebody to get rights on a dvx/z/kfx/ 400 motor.

Old 01-28-2004, 08:34 PM
3WF
Weekend Warrior
Default TIGER

Now the 80s those are something to brag about. I mean come on what better than to have an 80cc trike pumping out 28 horsepower strait from Tiger it self. Thats as much horses as a 350x! I bet that little sucker flew. Id love to have one.

Trending Topics

Old 01-28-2004, 08:37 PM
3WF
Weekend Warrior
Default TIGER

Woops Im sorry make that 23 horsepower. So it is a bit less than the 350x.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/Tiger/Tiger80.jpg

Old 01-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

geez that kid on 3ww is in for a surprise then, He thought they had like 12, i guess i got my info from the wrong person.

Old 01-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Default TIGER

I remember back in da' day, my first TT moto! Crap, my first ever moto! I was riding a slightly modded 85 200X in the 200 amateur division.. This was about 87 I guess b/c I was a Freshman in high school. And there was one of those 80s' in our class b/c there was no others for him to run against so he was stuck in the 200cc class.... My bike holeshot the 1st heat, but, I remember looking at that loud little thing and saying to myself, 'man that thing is soooo small and looks soo light I bet it handles sooo sweet!! The second moto I came out of the hole mid way.... but yeah, those things were fast I remember watching him after the fact, and it looked like he could do whatever he wanted to do with it around the sweepers and especially around the hairpins!!LOL.... However, I cannot remember how it finished overall....
I rode the 200 Tiger back in that same time period...... And compared to my 4-stroke, it was nothing short of a missle!! The band was brutal and hit like a ton of bricks!! I have never experienced anything else like it to this day!! But I do remember it vibrating the crap out of me!! Like when I fot off of it I would be seeing double!!LOL...
Too bad they do not build them like that today!! I mean right at 40 horse w/200ccs'!!
If I could come across one today I would scoop it up just for a collectors item!! B/C I have my Almighty CT-370-LR-Shee to supply me with grins now... LMAO, and everyone says that you have to be an 'advanced-rider' to keep a shee on the pipe!!ROTFLMAO!! If they only had any experience with the "EYE OF THE TIGERS!!!!" They would say otherwise.......... I strongly feel that when a Tiger is 'ON DA PIPE' NOTHING CAN keep up with them!! Nothing within there class anyway, a Shee with 1.85X the displacement does not count!! Within there class, nothing can keep up with the Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any comments???????????????/

Quick Reply: TIGER