ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATC 3-Wheelers (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atc-3-wheelers/)
-   -   Yamaha YTM 225 DX ?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atc-3-wheelers/209143-yamaha-ytm-225-dx.html)

DirtRyder420 07-04-2005 10:23 PM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

I just bought a 1984 yamaha ytm 225 dx .. how are they ? any quirks or known probs? i know its shaft drive but does it have reverse? will the reliability and all around tuffness even come close to my honda 185?

BTW im paying 200bucks for it , description says it has good spark good compression runs and rides good but smokes a lil and needs back brakes, it doesn't look very hurt in the pic but the head light is missing ..sound like a good deal??

RH424 10-09-2005 05:28 PM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

I happen to have a 225DX myself. I like riding it a lot better than my Honda 200s.

No reverse, considering its over 20 years old, you can expect some maintenance needed.

I think you got a good buy. I paid more than that and had to replace a lot of the plastic.

Since you posted this a while ago, I guess you've had some time to get it running?

DirtRyder420 10-10-2005 01:45 PM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

Well truthfully i got rip off really bad on that deal, I live in VA and the yamy was in upper NY the guy i bought it from kinda forgot to tell me that every bushing and bareing was wore out in the rear, front shocks were blown, something is wrong with the rear diff b,cuz only 1 back tire spins plus his cardborad box head gasket blew to peaces in about 5min
Most of the time i would give somthing like that a good looking over before i bought it but i was running about 20min lateand the seller called me about 5 times saying i was making him late for work (i think he had it planned) so he was in a big hurry when i got therehe just had time to start it and help me throw it in my truck ..needless to say i was hot as a fire cracker bout 10mins after i got home

But hey the plastic is perfect on mine ! need any more??

I picked up a 200m bout a month ago and i got a way better deal on that one

ThrashAndCrash 10-11-2005 05:17 AM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

Originally posted by: DirtRyder420
Well truthfully i got rip off really bad on that deal, I live in VA and the yamy was in upper NY the guy i bought it from kinda forgot to tell me that every bushing and bareing was wore out in the rear, front shocks were blown, something is wrong with the rear diff b,cuz only 1 back tire spins plus his cardborad box head gasket blew to peaces in about 5min
Most of the time i would give somthing like that a good looking over before i bought it but i was running about 20min lateand the seller called me about 5 times saying i was making him late for work (i think he had it planned) so he was in a big hurry when i got therehe just had time to start it and help me throw it in my truck ..needless to say i was hot as a fire cracker bout 10mins after i got home

But hey the plastic is perfect on mine ! need any more??

I picked up a 200m bout a month ago and i got a way better deal on that one

I'm sorry to hear your bad luck.......BUT...I have to say you cant blame anyone but yourself!!! Look over what you buy, before you buy it....

RH424 10-11-2005 12:44 PM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

WoW! That's a tough one. I hate being rushed too.

Does that mean you've decided to part it out? I do need quite a few things for mine. Maybe even sell it whole?

It really is too bad, since I really love mine, and about anyone you find that has one talks very highly of it.

Let me know.
I'll PM you my info.
-Rob

ThrashAndCrash 10-11-2005 04:00 PM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

If your the one with the cash....DONT BE RUSHED!!!!! If the guy wants to rush you into buying it....walk away...cash talks.......I buy a ton of stuff, and sell a ton of stuff.........The buyer is the one making the calls! If the guy wants to sell there item bad enough, he'll wait!

DirtRyder420 10-11-2005 06:29 PM

Yamaha YTM 225 DX ??

yep i learned the hard way.. about 300bucks and 13hours of driving for nothing, better beileve when i bought my 200m i spent a good 1/2hour going over everything top to bottom side to side

you should have message RH424

Harold Moxley 12-23-2018 07:41 PM

You still have it I need plastic and carb I live in Virginia dinwiddie

Originally Posted by ThrashAndCrash (Post 1756560)
I'm sorry to hear your bad luck.......BUT...I have to say you cant blame anyone but yourself!!! Look over what you buy, before you buy it....

Do you still have this I live in Virginia dinwiddie I need plastic and carb

Harold Moxley 12-23-2018 07:43 PM

Harold

Do you still have the bike I live in Virginia dinwiddie county I need a few parts for mine

Big Frank 12-23-2018 11:15 PM

That was posted 13 years ago and he hasn't posted anything in 11 years. I woudn't expect an answer after all that time.