ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

NEw to ATC...carb help 82 ATC 200

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEw to ATC...carb help 82 ATC 200

hello all....n00b to ATC here...been into cycles alot...but a new little old family heirloom topy that needs some TLC..

I fired up the 82 ATC 200 last night ...got her running..gonna be used as a short hop hunting trtactor type use...putt putt...and WTF...get her running

I have a carb problem....and I don;t knwo much about carbs...I was gonna either buya new carb...or a rebuild kit (but I don;t want to have to worry about proper settings and such on rebuild when I don;t know squat)...

anyway...float stuck or something...when gas shut off valve is turned on.....and choke on (and of off I don;t know)....gas drips out of bottom...runs out near rear axel....I can get her runnign and gas doesn;t drip then, but otherwise the shut off valve is key to keep the gas inthe tank....

what do you wise ones; think on this?.....go for new carb...or try ot rebuild...(I mean I can wrench...and I do on my BMW bikes and KLRs and such)....but not looking for the huge PITA at the moment...just wan tot get her runnign and reliable...

thanks for your help...cheers, Jeff in WI

Old 02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forums. Sounds like your float might be stuck. You may be able to just remove the the float bowl and clean it real good make sure the float moves freely. That might do the trick for you.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

I would say no to buying the new one. The rebuild kit is much cheeper and there is no hard adjusting with it. Plus these carbs are CAKE to work with. maybe your idle screw but thats easy to mess with. It also sounds like your float is sticking or might have a hole in it. I would take it apart and see what it looks like inside. It will prob be all corroded and left over gas gunk. Make sure the idle jet and the main jet are clean too. I use an aircompressor to blow them out then torch cleaning wires to clean it the rest of the way. I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Here's a good place to get carb help...

http://deepa.recongamer.com/hondaman...lpfulhints.pdf

Old 02-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: JkAss
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like your float might be stuck. You may be able to just remove the the float bowl and clean it real good make sure the float moves freely. That might do the trick for you.

thanks for the help all...I will pull it apart....it has been sitting a bit and not used much...so it'll get cleaned.....then I wll make a decision...thanks for your help....

Old 02-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

well I pulled it apart...yeah it is easy as pie....not any gunk in it...and the float seemed ok as did the cheesy little clip and float valve thingy...

I'll give it a try tonight...the float may have been hung up for some reason....

I hope I have the air screw back at it;s home position...we will see....it all looked ok to me...adn the float was intact and no holes or cracks that I could see....