ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

84 200 atc wont start

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 200 atc wont start

I recently got a 84 200 atc by honda. i have always had 4 wheelers but am excited about the new addition. Unfort. it wont start. I was wondering if anybody knows of a link to download a free repair manual. I also dont know if its an es,s,etc... the plastics are in great shape but dont have the stickers. How can i tell? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

it should have a sticker on the frame on the front fork on the left hand side tells make model ect. if it doesnt have a swing arm or a shock in the back its a 200m i have a 85 200m its not starting huh check the simple stuff first if its getting gas or if the carb is gummed up does it have a recoil start if so check that out give me more to go on than just it wont start believe me ive been through hell n back with mine it could be a number of things ill help u as much as i can keep in touch with me ill walk u through it as much as possible.. keep on lookin.. i can also scan pages of my repair manual as u need them. just try to narrow it down and hit me back.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

200m thanks for the help. You were right it is a 200m. ok, i got the bike from a buddy that said he re did the electrical but its not getting spark. hes also not the most mechanically inclined. he told me it need a new stator and magneto. I would think that the bike would still get spark if those parts were bad? i took off the recoil starter and the bolts that hold on the cage that the recoil starter grabes holt of. Then i un did the bolt that screws through the middle but couldnt get the magneto to come out. once i find out how to send a private message ill send you a pic since my explination isnt all that good. one more qeustion and it may be a stupid one, do these things need a battery, my buddy said no, but like i said his strong points arent mechanical. He also tried starting it with rust in the gas tank, im gonna pull the tank today, do u have any reconmodation on what to use to clean the rust out.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok first thing first theres only like 4 or 5 wires to deal with on the electrical components, if its redone its not that.check that off.the reason why its not getting spark is probibly not in the recoil starter. your stator isnt behind the magneto its attached to the case and you dont have to replace the magneto unless its demagnitized or actually broke, also u cant pull the magneto without a special puller any atempt to do so without will ultimatly lead to damage that its way more costly that the cost of the puller (14.95)at the honda shop (13.95) on e bay motors. also i suggest if your not already a member of e bay motors ,sign up,as it will save u a ton of cash.and they dont need a battery but if u have an electric start it will save your arm to get one there about 60-80 $ i got one that was one size bigger than i needed and modified the holder case. as for the rust in the gas tank oooh dirty pull trying to start it with that! take it to the spray n wash use the pressure washer and spray the living hell out of it ( remove the petcock first) then take it home and put some c.l.r. in it let it soake for at least an hour swosh it all around frequently, then spray it out again, let it air dry completly. if that doesnt work you can always cream it , but try that first cuz thats a pain in the *** and it takes about a week. finnaly the spark issue. i would check your CDI unit thats mosy likely the spark problem. u would still get spark if those parts were bad, and your looking for a blue spark not orange.the way to test it is to unscrew the plug put the wire on and holding it by the rubber boot hold it close to the hole and have someone try to start it it should arc. but look into that CDI i think thats your problem. ill scan u some manuel pages as soon as i get a chance.. keep on knockin stuff out its usually somethin stupid. ill help u as much as i can. peace

Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

p.s since u tried to start it wit rust in the tank your gonna have to flush out your fuel lines and clean out your carb

Old 04-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

for a diagram go to www. 3wheelerworld.com

Old 04-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the ignition tests..

================================================== ========

Old 04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CDI tests aren't accurate unless you have a Sanwa SP10D or SP15D ..

Old 04-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer
Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys will work on it tonight or tomarrow and will keep you updated

Quick Reply: 84 200 atc wont start