ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

1885 Yamaha 200E issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 08:16 PM
DLK
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1885 Yamaha 200E issues

A little while back I bought a 1885 Yamaha 200E. It is in great condition for being 30+ years old but it is giving me a few issues. The electric start doesn't work, it just keeps turning over. But I'm not really concerned about that right now considering it starts on one pull. It runs great for about 10 min then it suddenly dies and wont start up hot for at least 30min until its cold again. So I thought it was fuel starvation. So I took off the gas line at the petcock valve to make sure gas is flowing. The petcock works great and is not the issue, but the gas looked kind of odd so I decided to drain the gas and add new. Well, now it wont start at all

But while I was taking it apart I noticed the carburetor has two hoses coming out of it that don't seem to connect to anything? The one is the vacuum hose correct? that isn't supposed to be connect to anything but the other hose I feel should connect somewhere but I'm not sure where.

As you can tell I'm not a ATV mechanic and this is the first 3 Wheeler I have ever worked on.