ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Expeditions (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-expeditions/)
-   -   adventurers-To all who have went before (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-expeditions/355736-adventurers-all-who-have-went-before.html)

Ande0598 03-16-2014 03:33 PM

adventurers-To all who have went before

For those of you who have do it before, who have thought it, planned it and done it.
I have read your posts and your stories, well you got me. I am hooked.
Regardless of the adventure, how I do it, how its paid for, who is along, I am in.
After reading many blogs, many web pages I have decided to Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word it, (just do it).
I am not planning on sponsors, I am not planning a large dedicated web page, a portal nothing.
I might start a thread and leave it there.
My reason's are as follow:
Sponsors mean I am indebted to someone.
reading your threads the task of keeping up with your followers was more costly and time consuming to your endeavor.
That and my computer skills are moderate.
About the best I can do is start and reply to an email with a few pictures.

Okay enough about why.

In regard to the quest why, I can tell you why, though I don't want to be a burden what I do want is to experience the thrill of being alive. the mmeting new people, being in a moment when you have nothing other than the people around you and they open up and show you what being a neighbor is all about. Being an American. Helping a fellow traveler. Sharing the story around the campfire.

Out of all of your stories the best parts of them is when you were stuck, broke down, out of food, out of water, out of fuel, bad tires. Everything and every time you had to reach out and with every one of your stories someone reached out and without a demand or return kind or payment someone thoughtfully and thoughtlessly assisted you.

Yes I have stopped and helped people change a tire. Yes I have given to the red kettle, yes I have given to charity.
I never asked why or what for. We just do it.
Though I am not planning on being a burden or panhandling the trip.
All I want to experience is the offer to break bread with you at your camp, to meet up with strangers and not have a gut fear of being afraid.
I am having faith that the country is not going to hell and a hand basket.
Every time I read a story on a blog or web each daily encounter you bumped into a rider, a fellow traveler, made a new friend and they went way beyond the normal daily activities to assist, to keep you on the road.

Again let me clarify, I am not doing this to be a burden, I am hoping man and machine work flawlessly and effortlessly. But I am up for the challenge to shed my introverted ways and learn the lost art of conversation and story telling.
I am ready to shed the closed in world and open my mind and soul to the lost art of listening.

Not sure how it will turn out but I hope to see you, meet you and break bread with you.

Andrew
the lost soul

If you want to go, drop a line, if you want to say hi. Not sure what my markings will be as of yet, but when I do mark my machines I will pass it on.