ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

Paiute Trail Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paiute Trail Questions

Ok I am planning a trip down to the Paiute trail system, I am open to a starting point. First I have a 35' Fifth wheel that will be going, now I don't really want to stay in a RV park. The question is are there any good campgrounds in a good location, and where? I have looked at the trail maps but they don't list campgrounds that you could tow a Fifth wheel too. I will be coming down from the north, from Idaho.

Thanks in advance on any tips.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Here's a website that may help. Camping, RV Parks, Campgrounds - Marysvale - Paiute Trail, Utah

A buddy and I and our oldest sons went out last August and had a good time despite a couple problems. This is from our trip: http://forums.atvconnection.com/fami...ute-trail.html

This is from Specta who showed us around a couple days we were there: http://forums.atvconnection.com/fami...rail-utah.html

We had a great time and I'm sure you will. We stayed at Moore's Old Pine Inn.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. The pictures look pretty good also. I am looking forward to going down to the trail system.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

Myself and a group of 8 of us will be there last week of August. Starting in Marysvale...

Old 05-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by claycope
Myself and a group of 8 of us will be there last week of August. Starting in Marysvale...
That's when we went. Weather was pretty good except for our first day out. If you wear/bring a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and rain gear you should have enough.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is all great info, thanks to everyone who adds info. After seeing Moose's pics I am thinking of taking a smaller trip before I round up the large group to do this. Looking at the South Forty RV park since most campgrounds are what look like a little off the beaten path that I would rather not drag the 5th wheel down.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:06 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
That's when we went. Weather was pretty good except for our first day out. If you wear/bring a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and rain gear you should have enough.
I'm glad to see long sleeve shirt on the list. Some of the folks coming on the trip were concerned it would just be hot and dusty only. I'm hoping that we encounter some rain like you did on your trip to help with the dust, and the temp. I've lived in the Seattle area for the past 10 years, so I'm used to riding in the rain.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by claycope
I'm glad to see long sleeve shirt on the list. Some of the folks coming on the trip were concerned it would just be hot and dusty only. I'm hoping that we encounter some rain like you did on your trip to help with the dust, and the temp. I've lived in the Seattle area for the past 10 years, so I'm used to riding in the rain.
We didn't end up riding in much dust at all. We had a light rain shower just about every day for a few minutes and then it would clear up. We rode M, Tu, W, and Th. Monday we went west of Marysvale and were trying to get a grip on the scale of things on the maps. Once we figured out that the main trails are road sized it helped out a lot. We ended up high in the hills to the west and it rained. Much cooler than down below in the rain. I had been riding in a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, and rain coat and pants. I stopped and put the sweatshirt on under the rain coat and immediately felt warmer. I forgot to mention I brought a couple pairs of regular riding gloves and a couple pairs of light insulated waterproof winter gloves. On that Monday I took the wet reg. riding gloves off and put a pair of the light winter gloves on and it was that much better.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
We didn't end up riding in much dust at all. We had a light rain shower just about every day for a few minutes and then it would clear up. We rode M, Tu, W, and Th. Monday we went west of Marysvale and were trying to get a grip on the scale of things on the maps. Once we figured out that the main trails are road sized it helped out a lot. We ended up high in the hills to the west and it rained. Much cooler than down below in the rain. I had been riding in a T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, and rain coat and pants. I stopped and put the sweatshirt on under the rain coat and immediately felt warmer. I forgot to mention I brought a couple pairs of regular riding gloves and a couple pairs of light insulated waterproof winter gloves. On that Monday I took the wet reg. riding gloves off and put a pair of the light winter gloves on and it was that much better.
Talk about identical trips. We are also going to be riding / camping Monday through Thursday. I was thinking that we could do the bottom half of the loop. Head out to the Barney lake area, explore the trails around there, then head south eventually ending up northwest of Marysvale at the Indian meuseum.

My question is, Right now we're going clock wise. Is there any reason we should do this trip in reverse, counter clockwise? We are going to camp along the trail.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is camping along the trail allowed?

Quick Reply: Paiute Trail Questions