ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Expeditions (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-expeditions/)
-   -   3 day | 300 mile ATV Camp Trip (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-expeditions/372381-3-day-300-mile-atv-camp-trip.html)

claycope 06-10-2017 03:07 PM

3 day | 300 mile ATV Camp Trip

Posted in the ATV Overland Thread as well.

MooseHenden 06-10-2017 04:39 PM

Looks like another great ride. Nice video work too! Thanks for sharing, Clay.

user493 06-10-2017 06:08 PM

I can tell by the video that I would really enjoy it. In Michigan I can't legally camp next to the trail like that. If you're going to camp in the woods you have to be off the beaten path where no one will see you. There are some trails that have campgrounds you can ride to but they're few and far between. I went camping in the middle of the woods a lot when I was a kid. It almost seems like we lived in the woods 2 days a week. I didn't know until I was an adult we were breaking the law.

claycope 06-11-2017 12:13 PM

I am lucky to live in the west, where dispersed camping opportunities are everywhere. This is actually one of the reasons why when I left Texas, I moved west. But, every year it seems that as the population increases here in Washington State, so does the need for restrictions and rules, which limits opportunities. But there are still lots of opportunity or this out here.

So my summary is, vacation in Idaho and Utah. you won't be disappointed.

MooseHenden 06-11-2017 05:29 PM

I noticed that about Utah. You can pretty much camp along the side of the trail as long as it's a site you're not going to mess up by camping there. They had a lot of spots where stopping and camping would be fantastic. Can do it in Maine as long as you're not on someone's land and as long as you get a fire permit if you want a campfire. This is so they don't send out firefighters where someone is just having a campfire. Reasonable. You can't camp along the trail in NH unless it's a campground.

700vtwinman 06-12-2017 04:26 PM

Awesome video! You guys are blessed to live in an area like than and have access to so much beautiful public lands.

claycope 06-13-2017 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 700vtwinman (Post 3364739)
Awesome video! You guys are blessed to live in an area like than and have access to so much beautiful public lands.

so true! I grew up in Texas, so I do not take the northwest for granted.

HawkeyeRider 06-13-2017 10:03 PM

Great video!! That's the sort of vacation I dream of taking someday. Thank you for sharing it.

700vtwinman 06-14-2017 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by claycope (Post 3364827)
so true! I grew up in Texas, so I do not take the northwest for granted.

Southeast Texas is where I live. We have a 51 acre farm and I am usually on a timber land deer lease ranging from 1000 to 5000 acres, so I do have some places to ride as well as a few private ridding parks within 2 hours or less from where I am. My aunt and uncle was on a 30,000 acres timber land deer lease for about 50 years and I was with them many times. That was some good ridding, but again, nothing like what you have up there. I can only dream, but hopefully one day I will live in the rocky mountains.

Grizzlyrider1 06-22-2017 04:14 PM

Sounds awsome love to join in the fun