ATV Expeditions Are you on a major excursion traveling the World or a Continent. Post your adventures and log your travels here.

2017 South West Montana Riding

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 11:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Too many new ones to not take advantage of it. There's probably 50 different trails within 45 min. to an hour and a half from us. Not to mention other trail systems that we could pull our camper and machines to for a weekend or several days. Pretty fun and exciting to see what our state has to offer. I think you need to find some new friends just kidding, we try to go out with as many different people as we can, they might have someplace to go that we've never been plus it's great to mix it up a little.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedomflyer
It is fantastic, There are a lot of trails around here that we haven't even touched yet and some that have become favorites that we share with friends. We made it a point to try to hit at least two new trails this year, wanted to do more but time has a way of running out on you. Well if you make it out this direction and it's NOT 2 weeks before or after the fourth of July, maybe we could link up on your way through. Just a thought. I'll Personal message you my email address and phone # if you're interested you can get a hold of me before you head this way.
That would be great, Thanks much!

Old 09-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Freedomflyer
Too many new ones to not take advantage of it. There's probably 50 different trails within 45 min. to an hour and a half from us. Not to mention other trail systems that we could pull our camper and machines to for a weekend or several days. Pretty fun and exciting to see what our state has to offer. I think you need to find some new friends just kidding, we try to go out with as many different people as we can, they might have someplace to go that we've never been plus it's great to mix it up a little.
There are fewer and fewer in our group all the time. Now it's basically down to my friend's family, me, and one other guy who just shows up whenever. The DNR says they're expanding the trail system to a total of 4,000 miles but I'll never see most of them. I go where the group goes and don't explore on my own anymore. 3 of us did a double over nighter in July and made it to some new trails that are connected to some of the other trails we ride.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds like it would be a fun time that's something we have not done yet. My wife and I are going to go camping this weekend trying to get one more outing in before we can't. we aren't taking the machines with us as it is suppose to be wet and rainy. my wife isn't up for that so we'll explore the area in the truck and hang out in the camper. we'll be next to some Hot springs so we'll enjoy that as well. This will be an area that we will camp and ride next year more than likely. So just going to scout it out. We are going to plan on getting out at least one more time before our trail system shuts down for the year though. If you're ever this direction would love to take you out.