ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Racing (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/)
-   -   Neccesity flat track/TT mods? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/108216-neccesity-flat-track-tt-mods.html)

Flynbryan 07-15-2003 11:28 AM

Neccesity flat track/TT mods?

I'm trying to get a parts list together for what I'll need to run flat track/ tt races, and was wondering if ya'll could help me out. I know that the tires are a must(where do you guys buy tt tires from?), and a set of nerf bars are also manditory I believe, but other than that I'm open to suggestions. I was also looking at getting a lowering kit. This should definately be beneficial right? Anyway let me know the goods. I'm not looking to "deck it out" really, just enough mods. to be competitive. Thanks in advance.

Bryan

whitebread 07-15-2003 05:31 PM

get everything you listed plus a swaybar and you will be fine.almost forgot,get a kill switch.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

FOURWHLS 07-17-2003 12:26 PM

Bryan,

Are you planning on running the NQRA race at Rowan County Fairgrounds this weekend?????

If you are just getting started get some nerf bars and a kill swith. Come out and run the beginner/knobby class and see if you like it. If you get hooked. Do it right from the get go if the funds allow it.

If you are racing this weekend, look for me and I will be more than happy to talk to you. I will be driving the silver dodge diesel with a 22ft white enclosed. ET performance on the side.

Hope to see you there.

Shawn

Flynbryan 07-17-2003 12:31 PM

Are you planning on running the NQRA race at Rowan County Fairgrounds this weekend?????
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Unfortunatley I'm gonna be out of town this weekend. That race is 10min. down the street from us! Although on the up side, I will be in W.Va. riding at Hatfield McCoy or else I'd be there for sure! I saw that theres going to be a couple at Birch Creek later in the yr. that I might try to make it to. Do you know of any other races that are going on in the near future?

AlkyBurninX 07-22-2003 12:13 PM

Your beginner class can run knobby tires? What kind of dirt are you racing on? Around here, you must run lawn mower tires in beginner because the knobbies tear up the track.

TT/flattrack is mostlly rider. I have a very fast setup on my banshee, but I come in second almost every time to a 17 year old with a near stock banshee. He has a rear lowering block, front works shocks, a swaybar, and pipes as his only engine mod. I have wider a-arms, shorter swingarm, $1300 in AFCO shocks, built engine, etc. He just outrides me. We run AM class. He usually finishes 2nd or 3rd in Pro-AM also. That makes the Pro's mad.

Flynbryan 07-23-2003 09:00 AM

Hey alky, where do you get your TT tires from? Hoosier is the only manufactuer I can find. Are they the only ones who make dirt track tires?

FOURWHLS 07-23-2003 09:11 AM

The most popular TT tire right now is American Racer. The closest place to you would be Legacy ATV in High Point. They run approx. $90 a tire, and come in 3 different compounds. 23 (softest), 33, & 44. You can get the rears in 8in wide and 10in wide. Both fronts and rears will mount on 10in rims.

Hope this helps!!!

Flynbryan 07-23-2003 10:14 AM

Thank you very much fourwhls. I had a friend tell me that Legacy sold tires, but I've been unable to get their website to work(under construction...) and can not find their phone # anywhere! If anyone knows it I would greatly appreciate it.

Bryan

FOURWHLS 07-23-2003 10:47 AM

(336) 869-4900

Flynbryan 07-23-2003 10:50 AM

Thanks very much fourwhls. Hopefully I'll see ya at the races. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]