ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Lots of YFZ's at the races yesterday (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of YFZ's at the races yesterday (pics inside)

I posted this in the Yamaha forum as it will get more play but I know the die hard racers come here so I didn't want to leave you out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Here are some pictures from the races yesterday at Glen Helen racway, California. Cory Ellis brings out his new YFZ for the races. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lots of YFZ's as a matter of fact and some were showing well on the day.

Jeremy Shell, Kory Ellis, Doug Eichner 2nd moto pro race 1st lap.
Jeremy Shell, Kory Ellis, Doug Eichner 2nd moto pro race 1st lap again.
Jeremy Shell, Kory Ellis, Doug Eichner 2nd moto pro race coming off a jump. 1st lap

2nd Lap Shell and Ellis break away from the pack and Eichner. The next few are a series of pictures entering and leaving a turn.

Jeremy Shell doing his best to hold off Ellis and his YFZ.
Jeremy Shell, Kory Ellis, .
Kory Ellis trying to dive inside. Eichner bringing up 3rd
Jeremy Shell gases his KFX to stay in front.

Ellis crashed after this behind the mountain. He was on Shells *** the whole race until then. Trying inside then outside to get around. Had he not crashed he'd have passed and pulled away from Shell. AJMHO.

Both Shell and Ellis won their 1st motos with nobody else even in contention.

Here's some jumping pictures.

Doug Eichner
Jeremy Shell
Kory Ellis
Raptor Showing off.
One of the several other YFZ's.

Some Crash pictures.

The first one the Banshee rolls once, then in the next picture the Predator hit his quad and started rolling down the hill.

Banshee starts to roll.
Predator after he's been rolling.
The begginning of a pile up, at least 5 quads slammed into this.
Stuck under his quad.

Old 08-04-2003, 07:42 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great pics. makes the day go by a little faster here at work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Great pics...wshrdskin. Who was the kid that got knocked out cold after the rhythm section?? That dude was out for quite a while....everyone was holding there breathe waiting for him to move...hope he's doing better...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't know who that was. My brother took all the pics. I thought for sure he took pics of the guy lying there. Didn't see the crash. Just saw him lying there. He was given a ride off the track. People next to me said the quad landed on his head after it flipped in the air. I was looking at a different area of the track at the time. I'm sure he's alright. Looked liked he was knocked out for a while to me. There was also a Predator rider I think it was, that was taken off on a stretcher after a crash behind the mountain. They need to make the track where it can all be seen. IMO

Old 08-04-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

That track was rough!!! I'd never raced in Cali before this race.....it was AWESOME!!!! That Predator roll was amazing.....that guy kept trying to roll out of the way and that quad was aiming for him!!! Cool pics!!!

Old 08-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, the track was rough looking. I'm to skeared to get out there and play to find out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] There was a lot more quads at this race than I've seen there before. I missed rounds 3 and 4. There was also a good showing of chick riders. Previous races there was only a couple and at times there was only the one girl racing. Hope it all keeps up. Quad racing in my backyard is cool by me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2003, 01:58 AM
WP
Pro Rider

The kid that was out cold was Shaun. I race with him at LACR. He ended up with a broken collar bone. 440grl, does it say that on the side of you quad? If that is you, you are an attention getter. Where are the pics of me this time? Should I be insulted?

Old 08-05-2003, 02:17 AM
WP
Pro Rider

By the way, it is Kory with a K. I don't want you to get beat up.

Old 08-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Old 08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAHA!!! I'm such a blond sometimes!!! I replied under my old Screen name!!! I had to make a new one because I forgot my password!!!

ANYWAY!!!! WP - Yeah - I have those stickers on my Yamahonda! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Thanks! I always feel scummy when I race....especially when I spend the night in the back of a pickup!! LOL! So now I feel better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It was really an awesome race.......we spent a ton of money getting out there, but I've always wanted to race Glen Helen.....that was one of my goals for this year.....and I think I'm hooked! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The finishline table is a blast, and so is that crazy popper in the back!! If I can get good on THAT track, I will kill my Novice class here in AZ!

I have a ton of pics from that race......I will send you all a link where you can view them - we should get them up tonight......

Again - for all who went - great racing!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Hope to see you back out there again! Maybe if I race the women's class this time I'll do better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lots of YFZ's at the races yesterday (pics inside)