ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Racing (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/)
-   -   New found respect for MX racers. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/163084-new-found-respect-mx-racers.html)

wshrdskin 07-09-2004 12:12 AM

New found respect for MX racers.

Took my son and my quad to Glen Helen raceway this afternoon. Rode around the back track. The track was tore up as usual. I knew you MXers had to be in good shape to haul butt around the track like you do but this was my first time on an MX track it was kicking my butt. I know I'm on a Raptor and it's not setup for it but still. Anyway, here's to ya.

hondaracer305 07-09-2004 01:24 AM

thanks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

UBETRUN 07-09-2004 01:39 AM

MX is a ball and the moto-ho's are fun to look at:-) Do you plan to go back and race?

psuperman112 07-09-2004 02:49 AM

i've never been on a mx track and i'd be interested in trying it, i could get to glen helen, how does it work u just show up and they let u use the track?

kawa400 07-09-2004 03:24 AM

Isnt glen Helen the roughest track?

wshrdskin 07-09-2004 08:24 PM

Ubetrun,

Heellll no. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm way to fat and old to try any motocross. My son I'm sure would be interested in giving it a go one day. We were both more interested in what was on the other side of the hills the track runs behind that can't be seen from spectators views. Plus it was a fairly nice day for around here, not to hot, might be one of the last chances to ride other than Pismo for us until October. Going to be 100 degrees here by Monday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]. Yes the ladies at the races are pretty sweet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Psuperman112,

Thursdays and Saturdays (Saturdays if there is no races) they have open practice from 8am till dusk on the National track (big and crowded), back track and pee we tracks. $20 a bike/quad.

Kawa400,

From the few racers I know they all say that Glen Helen is the roughest track they race on here in Southern California. LA county raceway and Elsinore I'm told are better maintained and groomed for quads.

dsracer666 07-09-2004 11:13 PM

Originally posted by: kawa400
Isnt glen Helen the roughest track?
southwick MA is by far the roughest track on the national series, maybe in the US or the WORLD!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

fishercycleracing 07-12-2004 10:44 AM

no dirtworld in ohio is a tight track and fast as hell but glen helen is pretty rough

but matt bartosek had to find out the hard way which track is the roughest R.I.P MATT #88