Old 10-08-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I alos have about 30-40 other photos that will bve on later in the week

see link below for photos

Old 10-10-2000, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made the trip from CT for this race. I was severely disappointed. Here are my reasons why.

Where were the EMT’s? While I did not watch the entire day of racing, my wife did. She saw a few riders that needed medical attention that did not receive any. One bike rider fell, and doubled over on the side of the track. After a little while, he tried to stand his bike up, only to double over again. No EMTs came out. A quad rider did a superman over the front of his quad. Another rider was helping him take his helmet off, not an EMT.

Flag people were clueless! As I waited for my race, I was watching the bikes wash out their front ends. I lost count of the number of times another rider ran into the fallen bike before the flagman waved his flag. I know from experience, that this situation can happen when riders are close to each other, but this was not the case. The flagmen on the jumps, especially the tabletop, were not paying attention.

Track grooming. The only time I saw the loader out there was before the kid’s race. Even then, it took him forever to fix one or two turns. With over 300 entries the track was beat pretty bad, real fast. My race was the 24th of the day on Saturday. By the time I got out there to race, there was only one line around the track. They should have at least fixed a few of the turns to allow better racing and reshaped the faces of the jumps for better air.

Track official's attitude. I watched, and experienced the track personnel treat the riders like crap. They would selectively yell at people near the starting gate. I was 3 feet in front of the exit fence line, and another gentleman was 2 feet in front of me. Both of us were behind the loader watching the race. I happened to be in full gear waiting for my race. To my right by 10 feet was a group of people (about 5 or 6) standing 10 feet from the fence near the starting line. The track official yelled at myself and the other guy, in a nasty tone, but allowed the other people to stand where they were.

I choose not to race on Sunday. Mainly from being sick as a dog, and two small holes in my tongue from a small crash on the tabletop. But felt I could have more fun with my family on the boardwalk than waiting all day for another race. Overall, this was the worst race event I have attended. And I will not be making the trip again.