ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Round 8 - AMA District 23 HS Series (Mezeppa)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ogre, that big tabletop is awesome, isn't it? I didn't race on Sunday, but I went to Mazeppa a couple times this summer. It was the first MX track I've ever been to, and I thought it was great. It has a nice layout for quads. How much of the MX track did they incorporate? I hope they didn't use the whoops section. Sounds like you had a great time.

D23 racers, expect to see me at a couple rounds next year. Chris told me too many racing stories and now I have to race!

Old 10-17-2000, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the tabletop was quite enjoyable.

They used the whole MX track, whoops and all. The whoops were pretty big and fairly tight, harder to get through than millville's.

ogre

Old 10-17-2000, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Man sounds like I missed an awsome race. Next year I plan to attend ALL the races with my friend, who will be racing also.

About those Raptors Ogre, did you notice if they high sided quite a bit? One of the guys from my city who attended the race in Akeley, said that the Raptor he saw race there, would high side quite a bit.

The Raptor was one of the machines I was considering getting for next years racing. But I don't want to buy wider a-arms and axle to make it stable. That would cost a lot of $$$$, and racing is expensive as it is.

Old 10-18-2000, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Actually, the guys on the raptors really weren't racing very hard. They were taking the corners pretty easy - that's mainly where I caught up to the one in front of me (in the corners).

After almost every corner (especially in the grass), when he got on the gas, the front end would pop right up. I was able to stay with him quite easily because of this.

But I want to reiterate that this rider really didn't seem to know how to ride it very well. In the hands of an experienced rider - it may be quite deadly. Time will tell.

Looking at the machine in person, I thought it looked tippy.

I think I'll stick with the 400 for now, I'm pretty happy with it.

Man samson, you missed a really cool track, you would've loved it. I know cstark has ridden the MX portion of the track before - it was a big con that he had engine trouble and couldn't make it.

ogre

Old 10-18-2000, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

Mezeppa is an ok track. There are 2 huge tabletops, several doubles and a triple. I like the whoops section there as well. That's where aftermarket suspension pays off the most.

The YTD points totals for D23 are posted on the website. I finished 16th overall(out of 79) for the year. Not bad for my first season of racing.
Next season I plan on attending all of the events. I may even race alittle MX too.