ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Round 8 - AMA District 23 HS Series (Mezeppa)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone going?

Old 10-09-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to attend that race, because the quads don't race till 3:30 in the afternoon, and its a 7 hour trip home.

Let me know how it went though.

Old 10-09-2000, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think I'll go, since its the last race of the year. Means I'll have to wait one less week before the 2001 race season starts!

ogre

Old 10-09-2000, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

You guys have got to stop posting stuff about racing. You are taunting me! No, just kidding. Can't make it this weekend because of hunting, but I will race next year. It will be much easier now that I have a quad at home all the time.

Old 10-13-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys -

I just wanted to double check that the quads started at 3:30. I've tryed to call everyone involved and no one is ever there. All the AMA website states is when the day starts (8 am). I really don't want to miss it, but if its at 3:30 I can drive down the same day. I'm not doubting you Samson, I just want to double check!

Thanks, ogre

Old 10-13-2000, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Ogre, here's the link to the info you need. http://home.att.net/~jejb/goldeneagles/mazeppa00.html

Old 10-13-2000, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Samson! Next problem, signup is only held until 1:30 - man, I'm going to have to get up early. Hey Samson and cstark, you guys should email me your email addresses, I scanned a picture of me, Gaetan (Samson's friend) and cstark coming into the holeshot corner at Millville last weekend, we were pretty much side by side.

Thanks, ogre

Old 10-16-2000, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

So how was the race? and was it a good course?

Old 10-16-2000, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

The race was lots of fun. I thought the track was laid out as nice as millville. We started in two rows, second row started about a half a minute behind. I was in the second row (odd number).

The MX track wasn't groomed quite as nice as millville, but that's probably because we raced last. The takeoffs to the jumps were really clean and straight though. I have never caught so much air on some of the tabletops! Most of the landings were soft as butter too. I really enjoyed the big tabletop, where the approach you climbed was like 30 - 40 ft. It seemed you could hit it as fast as you wanted and the landing was always soft.

There were a few really fast field sections, where you could really see the quick quads shine.

The creek crossings had bridges over them, so we didn't get wet or muddy. The bridges were only as wide as the quad, so hitting them fast was out of the question for me!

To top it all off, there where two raptors racing there. They looked pretty new, Andy (cstark's friend) and I agreed that they weren't too used to them yet. No matter though, because either way I got to beat a raptor. I didn't get a very good holeshot cause I hit neutral shifting up to second. Cost me a few places. The raptor got a position right in front of me and I was able to pass him on the MX track. That thing had nice acceleration though.

After all the dust settled, I got 16th place out of 28 quads. If samson and cstark were racing though, I'm pretty sure I would've got 18th.

I can't wait for next season. Over the winter I would like to upgrade my shocks and get some aftermarket tires for sure.

Thanks again guys for the great times this year - I had lots of fun.

ogre

Old 10-17-2000, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

I wanted too race so bad. But I went out on Friday night too get some seat time it at the local MX track and I pushed it too hard, dropping a valve in my motor. So that put me out for Sunday's race. I was going too come and watch, but I knew that would be a big mistake. Racer's don't do too well, just being a spectator.

Anyways, I got too see the whole race on video anyway. Andy's girlfriend taped it. We have watched it several times now, and it is so funny. Andy looks like a grandma going around out there.

I already have the EX tore down for the winter. My goal is too make the machine faster for next year. I am also going too train more and get in better shape. Next season, I want a few of those trophies I saw floating around.

I also had a blast racing this year. Even though I never won, I had a great time. I consider myself twice as good of rider now that I have a year of racing under my belt.

I believe the first race is in the end of May. The countdown begins......

Quick Reply: Round 8 - AMA District 23 HS Series (Mezeppa)