ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Racing (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/)
-   -   Impossible to jump!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/22090-impossible-jump.html)

timewass 10-29-2000 02:56 AM

I have 2 2000 blasters and jumping either machine is almost impossibe. They always want to either land almost straight up and down, or nose down. Any ideas on this? What's the trick to this?

Thanks

blaster13 10-29-2000 10:22 AM

You need to use the throttle and rear brakes to keep it from doing this. Throttle control in the air and off the jump is everything. If your front end is too high, tap the rear brake. This should bring the front end down. If your front end is too low, hit the throttle. If you hit the throttle enough, the front end will come up. You will get used to it soon enough. Blasters are the easiest to jump. You can move them so easy in the air. Just keep practicing and you will get the hang of it. Good luck.

JoshCVBz 10-29-2000 10:23 AM

My first quad was a Blaster, and that thing was a jumping machine! Since it was so light weight, it was great for good air. I guess that only thing to make sure, is that you are in the power band when you take the jump, and you should be all set. If you start to go back to far, just hit the breaks and it should drop your front end down. Also, I'm sure that you know this, but don't sit on the seat when you are jumping, put all your weight on the pegs. I would suggest building a medium sized jump and practicing on it until you get the hang of it. Take care.

-Josh

MXBANSHEE 10-29-2000 11:05 PM

What I would do first is try to hit the jump even throttle.......not too hard but not soft enough were you'll nose dive, that way u can judge the jump. If ur nose comes up in the air after the even throttle.......hit the jump with the same speed but let up a little before u go airborn. Make sure u dont let completly off of it or u will nose dive.(Ive nosed dived really bad before and it isnt fun) but I walked away un hurt.(Just a few bumps and bruises)

collegefunded250 10-31-2000 11:54 PM

All these guys are right on about the gas and brake usage while in the air. Body position is also very important. I had a Blaster about a year ago. I used to catch 4-5ft of air max. If I got any higher my suspension would bottom and the quad would feel akward. I tried jumping my dad's 250R one day. Not even a week after that I had a 250R and my Blaster was sold. I am now a sponsored mx racer and the Beat the Heat Night Series 2000 Champion. Riding my dad's 250R was the best thing that ever happened to me, I suggest you try jumping a 250R yourself and see what I mean.

trx300EXR 11-01-2000 08:08 PM

I agree with collegefunded250. The first time i rode my 250R, and jumped it, i fell in love. Now i wouldn't have anything else. NOT EVEN A RAPTOR!(HATE YAMAHAS!!!!!!!!!!)