ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Flat track racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat track racing"></title><script src=

Sweet looking ride, building one just like it, any advice?

Old 08-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

i have longer axel....stock swing arm....dont go longer will hurt in corners. as for the stock shocks i run elka but the stocks i would run stiffest on RF and softer on LF this will help getting into corner. same w/air pressure. RR air should be very high and rest lower....the rear shock on mine is stock. very soft comp and very hard rebound this will keep the rear planted comming out of corrners but cause a "loose off" cond. it all comes down to rider and your stance/body english. with rappy keep as much weight over rear as you can on acc for traction and weight always to inside even on exit of corners. any other susp.tips i would ask the "car" guys on how they do it....just not the moddifides or late model they think bass akwards. A sprint car or wing less sprint is basicly a quad with more hp thats the best way to think about it.....just ask around to the car guys thats what i had to do at my track. ok now i am done lol

Old 08-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Everybody has good answers, just play around and find what setup works best for you.

Name:  PICT3117.jpg
Views: 5646
Size:  42.4 KB

Old 08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is another place to go race the Short Track Quads....

6th Annual AMP Outlaw Winter Nationals Short Track Series 2008 - 2009
Powered by NOS Energy Drink

AMP Outlaw Winter Nationals
OK Corral Indoor Arena
20450 Southeast 29th Street
Harrah, Oklahoma

6th Annual AMP Outlaw Winter Nationals Indoor Short Track Series

Rnd 1 October 4, 2008 Series Opener

Rnd 2 October 25, 2008 - "Kick Stands" Bike Night All Bikers Just $5 GA

Rnd 3 November 8. 2008 Regular Points Night

Rnd 4 November 22, 2008 Regular Points Night

Rnd 5 December 6, 2008 4th Annual Curley Sutton Memorial Race

Rnd 6 December 27, 2008 Inaugural Eddy Daley "Celebration of Life" Tribute Race - Bicycle Races at ½ Time - DOUBLE POINTS NIGHT

Rnd 7 January 3, 2009 Regular Points Night
Rnd 8 January 10, 2009 Regular Points Night

Rnd 9 January 31, 2009 Dad's Race Night

Rnd 10 February 14, 2009 Mom's Powder-Puff Night

Rnd 11 February 28, 2009 Birthday Bash

Rnd 12 March 14, 2009 Spring Break Special - Kids tickets just Five Bucks!

Rnd 13 March 28, 2009 Mechanics Race Night

Rnd 14 April 4, 2009 Grand Finale'

FUN RACE April 18, 2009 Fun Race Not part of the Points Series

Awards Party Sun May 3, 2009 Frazier's Motorycle Gathering Tulsa

4th Annual AMP POWER-FEST

Held in conjunction with the
39th Annual Italian Festival

Lightning C Arena
8 miles East of I-69 on Hwy 270 ~ McAlester OK

May 15, 2009 Lightning C Arena McAlester, Oklahoma - Indoor MOTO TT
May 16, 2009 Lightning C Arena McAlester, Oklahoma - Indoor Short Track

---------------

All official Race Dates for AMP will be posted and updated on our Official Web Site http://www.geocities.com/oreillydirttrack

POSTER & FLYER

Direct Links To Poster and Flyer

http://own.ampown.com/harrah_poster_2009.pdf
Poster 6th Annual AMP Outlaw Winter Nationals

http://own.ampown.com/harrah_flyer_2009.pdf
Flyer 6th Annual AMP Outlaw Winter Nationals

VIDEOS

A few videos from last season to get you warmed up.....

Let's Go Racing Indoors ! ! ! !

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=yogiyogi2

http://www.youtube.com/user/CIRCLECRACING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnqGzKXw4os

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...2iZTw&feature=related

--------------------
Attend the Outlaw Winter Nationals 08-09
http://www.geocities.com/oreillydirttrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KqVk3Q1Gek
918-902-5786

Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default Flat track racing

is that the same track as the chilie bowl? I wish i have the $$. (new dad)

Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey brad
where are you located? we have just opened a track in south east kansas and we run quads , carts , mini sprints , micro sprints , motorcycles .
rude dog is right you need to lower your bike and widen it and get you a sway bar and the triple rate shocks will work well for flat tracking. you can adjust the front end for the track conditions if it is a loose track or alot of traction . our track gets like asphalt and the pro 450 quads will wheelie down the straightaway, they get so much traction.
go to www.midwestatvracing.com and you can see our track and our bikes we run the bikes are under items for sale we run 250 quads but are selling them and moving up to 450 class.
later

Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I could use some advice from an experianced racer as well if you would be so kind. I bought an 07 400ex and plan to run in a in the 400 class not the open on Flat track. I have purchased new a-arms (Burgard) that are +2+1 and are adjustable for camber. I do not have the coin at the current time to get an axle and swingarm or a rear shock. I did buy the works preformance shocks with resevoir for the front that are built for my weight "lard a**". I have also gotten the american Racer TT tires for the rear and a soft compound cheaper brand for the front. I guess at this point I am about out of spare change so I am wondering where my limited funds are best spent from here. I started with a brand new quad so everything other than above mentioned is factory stock. I have never raced anything before and just want to have some fun. I will be racing not only in the 400 class but also the 40+ class. The setup tips you gave in your message here will be very helpful for a starting place. Thanks John

Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I could use some advice from an experianced racer as well if you would be so kind. I bought an 07 400ex and plan to run in a in the 400 class not the open on Flat track. I have purchased new a-arms (Burgard) that are +2+1 and are adjustable for camber. I do not have the coin at the current time to get an axle and swingarm or a rear shock. I did buy the works preformance shocks with resevoir for the front that are built for my weight "lard a**". I have also gotten the american Racer TT tires for the rear and a soft compound cheaper brand for the front. I guess at this point I am about out of spare change so I am wondering where my limited funds are best spent from here. I started with a brand new quad so everything other than above mentioned is factory stock. I have never raced anything before and just want to have some fun. I will be racing not only in the 400 class but also the 40+ class. The setup tips you gave in your message here will be very helpful for a starting place. Thanks John

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: whitebread

SET YOUR RIGHT FRONT SPRINGS PRETTY STIFF ANN THE LEFT SOFT SO IT WILL WORK SOMEWHAT LIKE A SWAYBAR UNTIL YOU CAN GET ONE.

AS FAR AS TIRE PRESSURE IS CONCERNED I START OUT AT:
L.F. 9LBS
R.F. 10LBS
L.R. 8LBS
R.R.9LBS
CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURES AFTER HOTLAPS AND HEAT RACES TO SEE IF THEY COME UP, IF SO AND IF YOU FELT LIKE THE QUAD GOT FASTER THE LONGER YOU RACED START THE TIRE PRESSURES A LITTLE HIGHER.

I ALSO RUN HOOSIERS AND AMERICAN RACERS DEPENDING ON THE TRACK AND CONDITION.
GET SLICKS OR YOU WILL NOT BA ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE THEM.
IF YOU WANT TO WIDEN THE QUAD THE ECONOMOCAL WAY GET SOME MINI QUAD SHOCKS OR 300EX SHOCKS AND PUT THEM ON, BUT KEEP YOUR QUAD THE SAME LENGTH ON FRONT AND BACK(VERY IMPORTANT)
IF YOUR FRONT END IS WIDER THAN THE BACK YOU WILL GET ONTO THE CORNERS BETTER BUT YOU WILL PUSH LIKE A SNOWPLOW COMING OUT OF THE CORNER AND RIDERS WILL GO RIGHT UNDERNEATH YOU.IF THE REAR IS WIDER THAN THE FRONT YOU WILL HAVE A TENDENCY FOR THE REAR END TO COME AROUND ON YOU AND BE VERY LOOSE.</end quote></div>

Old 12-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

ha. from my experience you better not have any kind of push if you run D-10's during the summer on tracks that take rubber. those softttttt tires will be gone by the end of the day. but if you have the budget for new right front and rears......HAMMER DOWN :]

Old 12-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fredomx

I could use some advice from an experianced racer as well if you would be so kind. I bought an 07 400ex and plan to run in a in the 400 class not the open on Flat track. I have purchased new a-arms (Burgard) that are +2+1 and are adjustable for camber. I do not have the coin at the current time to get an axle and swingarm or a rear shock. I did buy the works preformance shocks with resevoir for the front that are built for my weight "lard a**". I have also gotten the american Racer TT tires for the rear and a soft compound cheaper brand for the front. I guess at this point I am about out of spare change so I am wondering where my limited funds are best spent from here. I started with a brand new quad so everything other than above mentioned is factory stock. I have never raced anything before and just want to have some fun. I will be racing not only in the 400 class but also the 40+ class. The setup tips you gave in your message here will be very helpful for a starting place. Thanks John</end quote></div>

Since u hyave +2 a arms on the front u need some wheel spacers in the rear to get everything back square again. Or get an extended axle.

A swaybar on the front is the most important component u could invest in. You can also take the dogbone off the rear of your quad and have it extended or get one off of Ebay that is adjustable.

Quick Reply: Flat track racing