ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should I do?

So about a year ago I got a yamaha blaster stock and I bought a fmf pipe for it as well as spent hours into making it look better by painting rims, buying new visual only parts, just various things that I put alot of time into to make it look professionally done. I ride every day I can, over the years where I live alot of people have made trails which I beef up by adding jumps around variously, and on the weekends I travel hours to go to a track, Now im only 16 and I ride a 200cc 2 stoke yamaha blaster like I said with only a fmf pipe upgrade. I really really want to get into racing and my parents want to see me race too because they know that I kick *** at riding and because they know I love to do it but I dont have ANY money. Im broke as hell and no one will hire me. To get a race ready quad its going to cost probably over 5Gs
and I only invested about 1200 into my blaster, bought it for 900 spent 150 on pipe and then just visuals.

What I really want is for someone to tell me racing isn't all that great or tell me what I need to do to get into it, Like I said i dont have money for anything, my moms a realtor and well you know the economy right now especially for realtors. If anyone has any helpful information on what I should either do with my blaster or I should just forget about racing in my current situation or what just please help me out in any way possible.

Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Your story is pretty much the same as mine. The way I make money is taking and selling animals at my county fairgrounds. You'll be amazed that 2 ducks can go for $500. I've been doing this for 5-6 years, and it has always gotten my a good amount of $$$, and now I have $5000 in my 300ex. But I would first consider selling your little Yammer-Hammer and buy a Honda. JK

Old 03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the finances aren't there, then just enjoy the riding that you are doing now. Racing is expensive and there is no money in it for the vast majority of us. You are young, eventually you will find a job, save some money, and start racing. That is, if something else doesn't strike your fancy first(cars, women, etc...)

Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, racing is expensive. If you have a tractor, you could build your own jumps in all those trails you have.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

lol I have except with a shovel its really unsatisfying building ramps that are weak and kids from around the hood go and wreck them. Every day I spend 2 hours or my 4-5 riding just building up ramps.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

What scooter said.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TsXBlaster

lol I have except with a shovel its really unsatisfying building ramps that are weak and kids from around the hood go and wreck them. Every day I spend 2 hours or my 4-5 riding just building up ramps.</end quote></div>

I can probably make a 30-40ft jump in about 1hr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Hillbillies aren't that bad to be around, there pretty usefull somtimes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], take advice from one.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I defiantly dont believe that for a 40 - 50 foot ramp you'd have to build a landing ramp. about the same size. So theres no way unless all you have to do is sculpt the ramp instead of building it from ground up. and i dont get your environmentalists thing you mist be a hillbilly to not understand logic that the sooner they start running us off the trails the sooner the earth is cleaner. But ***** that I want to ride