ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Racing (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/)
-   -   TT and oval track,,,,, (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-racing/33920-tt-oval-track.html)

joey1 03-14-2001 06:57 AM

Does anybody have any set-up tips and tricks for TT and dirt oval racing?,,,This will be my first year running a full TT set-up (Hoosier tires, swaybar, lowering kit, etc,,,) and wanted to find out as many tips and tricks as possible, thank you in advance!

IF YOUR GONNA BE STUPID, YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!

ModdedX 03-15-2001 04:23 PM

Go Wide! My friend had extended A-arms, axle, rims(wider offset) and he also used spacers at all four corners.

AdrenalinFreak 03-16-2001 10:48 AM

If its an oval track, Dont they set the outside tire out wider from center than the inside tire? Ie right tire at +2 left at 0 for a left handed oval?

heller 03-22-2001 12:02 PM

ModdedX 03-22-2001 02:10 PM

Heller,
So you are saying that National Champion Travis Spader is Stupid? He used to run a Banshee for TT, after switching from a 250x in the 4 stroke class, and did great!

Also, you dont want a longer set-up for TT, you want shorter. Many guys have there stock 88-89 swingarms(250R) shorten an inch or two. Shorter wheelbase makes for better cornering. Longer is better for MX(too a point with MX, stock 88-89 length swingarm is best), Dragging and Hill climbs..

One last thing, if you are under the width limit spacer help extend you out. Or if you are at a track that doesn' care about width then run the spacers at all foru corners(unless running an oval)...

heller 03-22-2001 03:08 PM

ModdedX 03-22-2001 03:26 PM

I do ride Honda, but have considered buying a Banshee to race XC.

I just replied in defense because I dont feel that you cant do well on a Banshee. The way your firstpost came off,it seemed that you were saying if you had a Banshee were weren't going to do squat... I saw many races that Spader raced a Banshee and he used to kick ass!
Somewhere there is a saying posted and I believe it is true. he saying is "Racing is 95% rider 5% machine!"

I just dont feel because someone has a Banshee they aren't going to do good or have a big disadvantage.

joey1 03-22-2001 10:57 PM

First off brainchild, I wasnt asking about what bike is better/worse for TT,,I was askin for specific set-up tips (toe-in, caster, weight bias, etc,,,) and if your so called Honda is soooo good I guess youll be runnin the TT at Glen Helen here shortly and winning (if you even have the balls to show up and race) I know I'll be there,,,just look for the yellow and blue Banshee,,,you can just look ahead of you cause crap talkers never seem to do well come raceday. The TT is the weekend of April 21-22,,,hope to see you and your Honda there.

ModdedX 03-23-2001 10:51 AM

<<Quote from Joey1:
First off brainchild, I wasnt asking about what bike is better/worse for TT,,I was askin for specific set-up tips (toe-in, caster, weight bias, etc,,,) and if your so called Honda is soooo good I guess youll be runnin the TT at Glen Helen here shortly and winning (if you even have the balls to show up and race) I know I'll be there,,,just look for the yellow and blue Banshee,,,you can just look ahead of you cause crap talkers never seem to do well come raceday. The TT is the weekend of April 21-22,,,hope to see you and your Honda there>>

Was this directed at me? I was sticking up for the Banshee!!!!

Zorro 03-23-2001 02:13 PM

No...I must have been directed to heller.
I won't go in any bashing...but banshee rules :)

Very honestly.
When you reach a level where your machine is reliable, and performing, then the rider makes the difference, not the rider.
And I agree, big mouths are usually slow...which makes the winning even more enjoyable.

joey, when you see heller from the highest step, say "hi heller! how far behind were you?" :)