ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

2018 raptor 700r XC setup suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 raptor 700r XC setup suggestions

Im sure this has been asked many times. I have done several different types of searches and don't find many up to date threads. So i thought i would start a new one.

So i just turned and 40 and i want to get back into running HS in Illinois. I have not raced for 12 years and now that i can run in the 40 and up class i want to get back on a qaud.

My previous setup not gonna list everything but to give you a idea.
04 TRX 450 with a baldwin built motor PEP front and back and tons of other ****. Way over board young and liked to waste money on stuff i didn't need.

So what i am looking for is just some simple suggestions on what brands are on top of the game now days what mods are guys doing? Has shock tech come along enough to have stock shocks rebuilt and forget the big hitters.

I'm picking up a 18 700r and plan on building it this fall and winter for next year HS season. So any suggestions and advice would be great. I could research everything but thought yuo guys could help me out and give me some places to start. Also where is everyone shopping online? Thanks for your time and have a good one