ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

questions on some quads...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 02:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im wanting to race 4 wheelers - but i want to know some things first...
#1 - with about - 1,000 to 1,800 - is it possible to make a blaster with a few extra's already a worthy racer?

#2 - with about the same amount of cash, is it possible to make a mojave with a few extras race worthy?

#3 - out of those 2, which would be a good mx racer and a good gncc racer - how much money and what kinda mods are we talkin about for mx and gncc (i know for mx, u would want a wider quad {a-arms, axles, offset tires/wheels}, better suspension, good brakes (discs - i know the blaster has drums up front and mechanical disc in the rear - but i have a mojave for parts - which i could get the brakes from), a different exhaust, porting, poloishing, etc. etc. - and for gncc u wanna make you'r quad where it will last (i think the mojave would prolly be best for that - 4 stroke, pretty good woods quad) - and you want more torque, and to be VERY VERY narrow, tight turning radius, and where u wont snag on roots and stuff (skids all around) - but i really would like you're opinions on this - the only way i really know this stuff is from reading on here and in magazines... please give me CONSTRUCTIVE opinions - thanks!!!
TrinityR

Old 07-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

I have seen quite a few full mod blasters but they are expensive. A blasters suspension may work for xc but it won't handle mx for long. Suspension is the biggest improvement you can make and there goes your 1000. Mojaves will do well in a xc if you are racing in a stock class. 1000 will buy you shocks, or you can go for some mild engine mods for 1000. Cams, bore, porting, clutch, and probably a set of tires and rims if you think that you can race for a full 2-3 hours on the stock shocks.

Old 07-25-2001, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

I saw in a magazone that ct racing makes a kit that enables the blaster to keep up with most 250s. I would just sell the blaster and with the 1800 bucks buy a good Honda 250R.

John Fahey

Old 07-29-2001, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

For someone that is just starting out a blaster is a good choice. At most tracks there is now a blaster class. The mods to do to this is inexpensive and very easy. Most times to wake a blaster up all you need to do is buy a pipe, silencer, redo the topend with a better piston and rejet. You would be surprised at the results. The only bad thing about the mojave is it is hard to find parts and they are going to cost you. If you want to check out the blaster more, there is a website called blastercentral.com. Most of the guys are very knowledgeable, although biased about there individual bike.