ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Lonestar A-Arms??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 03:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bleeding your brakes...
There are two bleeder screws on the front brake calipers. Remove the top off of your brake resevoir and fill it up (not all the way). Have one person put his hand over the opened brake resevoir (I'm not sure if this helps, but it's the way I do it) and pump the brakes maybe 5-10 times and hold the brake lever down. Then, after he has pumped the brakes and is holding the lever down, loosen one of the bleeder screws (it only takes maybe a quarter turn on my quad) and watch the brake fluid shoot out... basically, what you wanna watch for is air bubbles in your lines. I like to do this about 5 times on the left side, then 5 times on the right, and then keep alternating untill both sides shoot out a nice, solid stream of brake fluid. Then, tighten up those bleeder screws and test the brakes out.

Old 08-01-2001, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the A-Arms are in Winnsboro.. The Fed-Ex girl just called and asked directions to my house, and said she had a package from K&K atv. I'm expecting them any minute! I will take them to the shop tonight maybe.. and have the spindals reamed, and get my brake lines in just a little while. I have to work thursday-sunday, so I guess I will have to try to put them on after work. My order from Ronnies should be here tomorrow(hopefully) and then it will be ready! Thanks for all your help!! What kind of lubricant should I put on the bolt that goes through the arms? I was planning on using Lithium grease, but should I go another way? I finally got my grab bar straighened(straighter) so now, my quad should be back in order! for now.. Thanks guys!!!

Old 08-06-2001, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the spindals and A-Arms are at the machine shop now.. I can't wait to pick them up today!! I think I will have it ready tomorrow, so I can go practice wednesday night. Thanks for all your help guys! I appreciate it! CTBanshee, you going to be at the Full Moon Series at Badlands??

Old 08-06-2001, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

all i can tell u dude is that u this qute here>>>>is not always true but it is true most of the time

and that is u get what u pay for
when i start getting my raptor race ready im goin first for handling and for my a arms im goin with houser becuase they are balljoints instead of the usaul bolt and i dont like works shocks but their affordable i am goin with axis custom shocks with zero preload

Old 08-07-2001, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Man, I have never even heard of Houser. And buddy, if you think that you can buy BETTER A-Arms than Lonestar.. Sorry! The pros don't use them for nothing you know. I'm not trying to get something started.. but how can they use "ball joints" and not studs?? I don't think that a ball joint can connect a spindal and A-Arm without some sort of stud in it.

P.S.- Your stock ones have ball-joints, Lonestars have ball-joints, and all arms have ball joints

Old 08-07-2001, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

HOUSER US LOCATED IN MARION OHIO AND YES THEY ARE BETTER THEN LONESTAR

Old 08-07-2001, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

If they're so much better.. Why have we never heard of them?

Old 08-07-2001, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Houser just started making them i saw them at round 9 gnc natioinals down in orville
they are a very good a arm and i will be using them on my quad when i get my bundle of money saved up for the big buy

right now my raptor is stock yes i know it sucks but after i get it to handle it will be better and every one has there own opinion thats what this sitesd based on there will always be different ideas on parts such as the a arms here i perfor houser but u prefor lone star so it would be alot easier to compare them if i could find housers catalogue

Old 08-07-2001, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well man, I hope you get what you want. Houser is probably less expensive than Lonestar, but.. Have you even looked at others? Like Krypton, Roll Design, Laeger?? I might would've went with Houser, but.. The LSR's are on my Banshee.. just waiting for the spindals

Old 08-07-2001, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

ive never seen krypton or roll design but i saw laeger at nacs and they looked like houser only they were a litlle more money

Quick Reply: Lonestar A-Arms??