ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Virginia Beach Race

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone go to the beach Cross? If so how was it?

Old 04-30-2002, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

I did and I thought it was pretty good. I raced in the sportsman class got 3rd overall (#81). A friend of mine got 2nd overall in the same class on his 250x (#2). I've been to that race the past 2 years as a spectator, but I had to join in this year and had an awesome time. I plan to race more now that I've lost my cherry! LOL

Old 04-30-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I have been there as a racer 2 years, but didnt make it this year. Did any of the GNC pros show up? Give me some more info on the whole weekend if you dont mind.

Thanks

Old 04-30-2002, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

Jeremiah Jones was there and I'm not sure of their names, but #10 and #37 were there also. They were the only ones I saw with blue # plates, so I assume they were the only ones there. I'm sure there were more riders who hold their pro card there, but I don't know.
In my opinion, the track needed to be groomed more than it was. By Sunday it was so rutted out it was hell on the body. I know sand is hard to keep in place and it is very time consuming to groom the whole track, but I think at least 2x a day was needed.
The pros were awesome to watch-8-12 laps going ***** out the whole way-they have to be in incredible shape.
I'm 28 and I lift regularly, but my 5 lappers killed me.
They had the sand drags Saturday night which was cool as always. Gotta love those quads with 1000cc+ street bike motors.
There were a few Cannondales racing mx also, and not to knock them, this being the only time I have seen them race, but they did not seem to fare too well against the other bikes-400exs, Raptors, 250rs, etc.
I guess a lot of it could be rider, but overall, I was not impressed. All you Cannon guys who read this, please don't take offense-this was just my first hand experience this weekend.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info! The track was really rough last year also. I still have a mark on the inside of my thigh from the handle bar gouging me in one of the sharp, whooped out rutted turns. I woulda went this year but sold my race quad last summer. Maybe next year.

Old 04-30-2002, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

Chawness-Where else do you race in VA or close by? I want do it again soon-the only other track I have ridden on is Currituck MX in NC-that guy has a nice set up with 5 tracks ranging from little kids to supercross, but I don't think he has races there yet.
I guess I'm going to have to consider parting ways with my Mojave if I plan on pursuing racing, unless I want to spend crazy money just to keep up-400exs (among others) were eating me for lunch during the practice sessions.

Old 04-30-2002, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

The two riders you were missing were #10 Nathan Dallas and #37 the Attix boy. There were about 15 or so pros show up.

Mordr, I ran with you guys on Sunday. I am the guy that was working the event and ran with you guys on the Polaris 700 Sunday for the hell of it.

I also ran 4 stroke A and Open A. I did terrible in both classes. I blew out my rear shock, broke my swingarm and lost my air filter and sucked sand into my motor. So, needless to say, I had a great weekend.

Trending Topics

Old 04-30-2002, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

I have only ran a handful of district races in the past several years, but there are a lot of great MX tracks in Virginia. Here is the website to find out everything you want to know about MX racing in Virginia:

http://www.d13mx.com/

Enjoy!

Old 04-30-2002, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

LMAO, FOURWHLS, Billy was just telling me about you racing that 700. He said you asked them for a head start and they gave it to ya. LOL BY the second lap they had all passed you already. I gotta give ya credit for racing that beast though man. I was dying when he was telling the story. Still lol.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

Billy also said that he lined up with the sportsman class just for the hell of it. Said he stole the checkered flag at the end, LOL.

Quick Reply: Virginia Beach Race