ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Xc Mx or TT NO BASHING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XC is definitely the cheapest way to go but thats not to say that you can't race MX on a stock quad. I do it, but you will find yourself wanting a axle, a-arms, SHOCKS, and pipe, etc., etc. Do what ever is the funnest for you. I bet XC would be a lot of fun... I want to try it sometime but there aren't to many races around here... It's pretty much MX everywhere here as far as racing goes.

Hope you don't mind a 17 year old's opinion [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 06-15-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

lol i dont mind anyones opinion from a person like u ur not cussing or bashing quads or saying immature things this forum would be very VERy inciteful if their were mostly people like that...
i guess its gettting harder for me to browse thses forums too much anymore becuase i never have time to be on them

i hope to talk to u guys soon about riding if u wanna chat my screen names alleyezonme1212 cya laater..

Old 06-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

yodaddy,
XC races are a lot closer than you think. Go to the OK cross country racing website @occra.com. I am getting my Polaris set up for that series next year. So if you want to try it just let me know and maybe we can meet up. They usually have a race at Lake Murray which is only 25 miles from Gainesville. Let me know.

Old 06-17-2002, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

TT all the way! Yeah, with my works shocks (pep or TCS coming next year), a arms, shortened swingarm, swaybar, motor, axle, and other things, TT is more expensive than other types of racing. But I race pro class. In AM class, you don't have to have all the expensive stuff. Even better, most tracks have a beginner class. At the local races, this class is made mostly of raptors and banshee's so don't think you will be against a bunch of stock blasters and quadrunners. You can not run a swaybar and must run lawnmower tires in rear. This class will at least give you a feel on whether you like TT or not. Find some old mower tires and slap them on a spare set of rims. A lot of guys find shorter shocks to lower their quad, and some even have built motors. I don't think this is right because it really doesn't give the true beginners a chance, but that is the way it is. I love TT racing because you become one with the bike. You have to "tune" the shocks and swaybar. Every night on every track is different. It seems more challenging.