ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

PRO's eh?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all of you guys have the right ideas, but why not let our voices be heard? how can we contact the owners/people who run the events and let them know how we feel? or would it just be a waste of our time?

Old 07-26-2002, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider

250trailblazerkid,
Now you tipped off the next problem, who do you call?

The funny part of the gnc is, they point at the atva and the atva points at them.

Without reform to the gnc's nothing can happen. The gncc has a excellent reformed series, we can only hope the gnc poeple are taking note of whats going on over there.

Old 07-27-2002, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

It seems as though the only purpose the ATVA has in the national series or any other series for that matter is to generate funds through memberships. I went to the first three this year as I mentioned earlier. At least for the first 2 Tom was there to help represent the ATVA. However, then at Red Bud no Tom, and all of a sudden you can run slashes on your number plates. From what I have seen the AMA the big brother to the ATVA shows a whole lot more force at its sanctioned races.

If the ATVA wants to sanction a series why don't they come to the races and make sure things are done right. I know it should be the promoters job to organize and run their own separate event, but the ATVA should be there to see things run smoothly and take notes. That way when things don't go right they won't have to hear it second hand from us, and then just write us off as a bunch of whiney atv racers.

Old 08-10-2002, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

my two cents. i'm for the split series. you talk about money so much, how can an average person afford a top level mx quad and a tt quad? the split will make it more affordable for each person to try and achieve the points he needs for a champoinship. as for the motor cycle engine ban, well i think the proposed new production four stroke class should help everyone out in that department. it will cut the cost of a competitive quad in half and boost sales for the manufactors who in turn will sponser riders to promote their products. should be great for the sport. maybe the motorcycle engine four wheelers can go to an open pro 250 class. as for bad mouthing the pro riders, i don't think the worst rider in the pro class would be considered "scared" by any motocross rider. also, most pro's have a very limited income (cain't work very much and race/practice everyday too) so allowing them to select the series they like will help them alot. i hope loretta's is better this year. who's all going? airtime