ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Racing banshee advice help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey imma race a banshee next year, anyone think these are good mx bikes? im just racing locally and my only competion is my friend on his stock raptor.. i know i can beat him easy cuz the raptor isnt exactly an mx machine but you wall think about the banshee for mx? what mods would be neccesary?

Old 10-01-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Depending on what you want to spend but you can get the DUNCAN RACING NATIONAL KIT THAT INCLUDES( PAUL TURNER RACING PIPES, FAT BOY SILENCERS, MID RANGE PORTING, POWERHEAD, REED VALVES, MASTER FLOW INTAKE, 34MM pj CARB KIT. K N FILTER) FOR LIKE 1500

THAN GO WITH SUSPENSIONS

Old 10-01-2002, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

my dad got the kit it works great

Old 10-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

its also been very reliable it has lasted a 24h race and 3or4 6h races

Old 10-01-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

ya im gonna be racing juss the local track some big air jumps in there some woops some tight corners... juss the basic local track.. is tehre anything that is a MUST? i know i am already gonna be the fastest bike cuz all there is, is a buncha blasters a few raptors and a 400ex... no competion in speed.. it will have pipes and aftermarket tires not shure which ones yet though.. i thought about trying paddles there but i wasnt shure on that, prolly turf tamers though?? but like are shox a neccesaty for a banshee racer? or exteneded bars? any ideas anyone??

Old 10-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't count out the Blasters,remember,this is a MX course,lots of short runs,tight corners,places where a small,tight turning quad like the Blaster shines. The Banshee,while very fast,has a weak bottom end,it needs to rev,then you hit the powerband,makes it hard to ride into and out of tight corners,you will constantly be falling off the "peak",unless you slip the clutch like crazy and keep the revs up. You will need mods that concentrate on low and midrange rpm power output,while your friends with the Raptor and 400ex will be able to use his 4 stroke torque to pull them around the corner and stay in a higher gear,and keep their speed up. In the dunes and fire roads,the Banshee rules, but in tight trails and short runs,you have your work cut out for you!! good luck,let us know how it comes out.

Old 10-02-2002, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea, count out the blasters...believe me. Just work on your suspension man. And watch that 400....they'll eat ya up if ur not careful. They have good stock suspension and handle well. That Banshee will not handle too well around corners and over jumps, but you'll be able to make it up in the straights.

Trending Topics

Old 10-02-2002, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

if your just getting pipes toomeys are good and i've also herd good things about cpi
if you got some porting done you could help the low and mid range to make it easier to stay in the powerband
reeds, boost bottle, reed spacers, airfilter, and a degree kit would also help
for tires the three most popular tires are holeshots terf tamers and razrs
suspension you should upgrade if you have the money but if not u should be ok but like mxboy said the ex do have better suspension then u
Good Luck l8r
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

yea yea im not counting otu the blasters i used to race on one.. so i know how good they are.. ive also raced on the raptor and did not like that AT ALL.. there a GR8 trail machine but i would not race that.. to heavy, to tall, to narrow, and it wheelies like no other! but i figured the banshee would be a good thought, something new, something i could also use to outdrag my buddy and smoke him on the track. on my blaster i was in 4th 5th gear and never went out of it.. there are only like maybe 3 turns where i would actully have to slow down for but i always kept it reved with my cluth so i didnt loose much. i know the banshee has a funky power band but i figured i could tame it with the help if after market tires / boost bottle / and low end pipes (going for toomys i think) but for the most part i think i can handle it. AND THE 4-STROKERS GOT NOTHING ON ME!!!! lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2002, 11:41 PM
efg
Pro Rider

to be fast on MX w/ a shee you have to have alot of mods
Banshees have alot of wheel spin so you should probably go w/ holeshot mx tires

Did i here you say paddles?NO WAY!

A banshee is pretty fast in a strait line already.So you only be needing a set of pipes.Probably paul turner

CPI?No CPI pipes are more for drag racing.Thats why they are called tuck in drag pipes

If a desent rider is on a 400ex he will smoke a desent rider on a shee on an mx track,cause of suspension and handeling

I have a shee,But it does not compare to my r on a motocross track

The first thing you need to do is get a good set of shocks,A extended axle,And a set of extended arms

Banshees are not made for MX

PM me for any QEUSTIONS

Quick Reply: Racing banshee advice help!