ATV riding on public secondary roads Does your state allow it

Ticketed for riding atv

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticketed for riding atv

Maybe the law makers should show the evidence there law applies to somebody. Check out the No State Project on you tube. In 10 years no bureaucrat has been able to show any evidence there laws apply.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It must be nice to have laws not apply to you. And it's too bad they do apply to me. One time I got 7 tickets for driving my SUV, but none so far for riding my ATV.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is this about ?

Old 04-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Moto Psycho

Who knows?

Old 04-04-2018, 04:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just some random person ranting on here I guess. Atvs aren't street legal almost everywhere except where towns have specifically exempted them from being illegal. Its mostly near huge trails systems like out in Colorado and Utah and back east near the Hatfield-McCoy system. Pretty much everywhere else, its up to the discretion of local police.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Moto Psycho

Some counties in Michigan have made it legal to ride the shoulder of the road at up to 20 MPH. None are around any big cities that I'm aware of. In most counties you can't ride on the roads at all since no ATV is street legal here, but sometimes there are exceptions near trail systems.

There's one trail by Mio that comes to what used to be a small parking lot. The trail itself actually ends there, but there's an arrow pointing toward town. You can ride on the shoulder of the road until you get to the next arrow. Then you turn and ride a couple of blocks down the street. It's one block away from, and parallel to, the main street. Then you have to turn again, go down the block and across the main street, to a gas station. And that's it. It's very specific, and there's nowhere else in or around the city you can legally ride. That's still better than most trails where you can't get any gas, food, or drinks, and most counties where there's nowhere to ride, not even trails.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
It must be nice to have laws not apply to you. And it's too bad they do apply to me. One time I got 7 tickets for driving my SUV, but none so far for riding my ATV.
All 7 at same stop? Must of pissed Barney off that day. Last one I got was 2 years ago. Got it dismissed at second court appearance. Never said laws did not apply to me . Said in ten years Mars Stevens has not had anyone show evidence that the constitution, laws, or codes apply to anyone. The State which ever one someone lives in does not exist except on paper. I foron have never met Mr. or Mrs. Arkansas let alone had a opportunity to cross examine them in court. That make since to you?

Old 04-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here in Ar. they have a exemption on the books that if you are disabled and have hard time walking, you can ride on shoulder of state roads. Town I live in the cop doesn't give me any trouble since, I stop at stop signs and stay under the speed limit and off the highway.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Moto Psycho

I can never remember all of the 7 tickets I got at once but I'll try.

1. Driving under the influence.
2. Failure to maintain control of the vehicle.
3. Driving left of center.
4. Excessive speed for road conditions.
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

I was in the army at the time and the accident happened on-post. I also got nonjudicial punishment for disrespecting an officer who showed up at the scene. Here's my half-year-old Dodge Ramcharger that I totaled out.

Attached Thumbnails Ticketed for riding atv-1.jpg   Ticketed for riding atv-2.jpg  
Old 04-06-2018, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

To Jumbofrank. Atleast you lived through the accident. Since it was on base there is not a lot of leagal argument room there. The way some of us have been getting tickets dismissed is by challenging jurisdiction and holding the prosecution to there prima facia burden of proof the constitution applies beacause of out physical location. Doesn't always work until case is on appeal though.

Quick Reply: Ticketed for riding atv