ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   ATV Videos (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-videos/)
-   -   HELP!!! Washed my atv and it won't start (https://atvconnection.com/forums/atv-videos/295801-help-washed-my-atv-wont-start.html)

G.A.S. 08-15-2008 06:06 PM

HELP!!! Washed my atv and it won't start

I rolled my 2008 sportsman 800 efi touring out of the garage. Sprayed it off with the power washer and rolled it back into the garage. A few hours later i went to start it and there was no power. I check the battery with a meter and it is puttin out over 12 volts. When I turn the key nothing happens. The instrument cluster does not come on. No 12 volts to the to anything. I checked all the fuses under storage compartment. They were all ok.
Any suggestions?? I need help

Thanks

MooseHenden 08-18-2008 04:59 PM

Check under the headlight pod for loose connections. There is a lot of electrical stuff in there.

MooseHenden 08-18-2008 05:26 PM

Hey, G.A.S. you should post this on the Polaris Forum. You'll get more and better answers than I can give you.

user493 08-19-2008 04:10 AM

The owner's manual states that you should never use a power washer on your ATV. If you washed it with a bucket of soapy water and a garden hose like I do you wouldn't have any problems. Just something to keep in mind in the future.

teamhex 08-20-2008 07:02 PM

Really? I wash my Eiger with a power washer. Never had a problem. Maybe its because its a Polaris [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] jk guys.

user493 08-21-2008 04:09 AM

Power washers can blow all the grease out of U-joints/CV joints and fill them with water, short out electrical connections, and take decals off. One of my friends blew the decals right off his Polaris at least 15 years ago and hasn't had any other problems with it. You just need to back off and take it easy.

BurtonIndie8 08-22-2008 02:02 PM

if you just wash the body with a presure washer youll be fine just do wash any electrical or mechanical parts wiht it

user493 08-22-2008 08:36 PM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BurtonIndie8

if you just wash the body with a presure washer youll be fine just do wash any electrical or mechanical parts wiht it</end quote></div>

Like I said, my friend blew some decals right off of his.

sled05 08-22-2008 09:52 PM

I have been washing my quads, two arctic cats, two Bombs, one Polaris, and my new Grizz with a 2500 psi power washer and have never had a problem. If you do every thing the manual says, you would bring it to the dealer to change the plug. Just use common sense and use a wide spray head and stay back about 24'. Did you check your kill switch

BurtonIndie8 08-23-2008 01:58 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BurtonIndie8

if you just wash the body with a presure washer youll be fine just do wash any electrical or mechanical parts wiht it</end quote></div>

Like I said, my friend blew some decals right off of his.</end quote></div>

yea i blew a one off mine but it was just a little suzuki decal i didnt care that much