ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

ATV Caught Trespassing?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 03:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Caught Trespassing?!

Old 06-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If the sign said, "No trespassing....", why did you go back on the property behind the sign? Was this a legal trail when you started to ride? I don't know how it works where you are, but most of the land that the trails up our way are on is privately owned. We get permission from the landowners to use a part of their land for trails. When people start going off trail, doing donuts in their fields, and generally disrespecting them, they shut down their section of trail. It's the kind of behavior that gets trails closed and gives riders a bad name.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

The sign didn't say no trespassing it technically said you get one warning then if you dont listen they will enforce but it but i was never aware that they did not want people riding there because i was invited origninally to ride there

Old 06-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who invited you to ride there? Was it the property owner? The sign says all the sheriff's deputies are to enforce trespassing and tell you to leave. That means no trespassing. If you don't leave you'll be arrested.

Old 06-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Who invited you to ride there? Was it the property owner? The sign says all the sheriff's deputies are to enforce trespassing and tell you to leave. That means no trespassing. If you don't leave you'll be arrested.
yeah it was the property owner but apperently people have been riding off his land and onto another im guilty of it to i followed the crowd and they want to end that, ive seen people walking their dogs and just going for a walk out there and they want to put an end to it all and theres kids who graffiti stuff out there so thats another reason most likely i have no hard feelings

Old 06-19-2017, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a former golf course. Maybe the owner is going to renovate the property, hence the reason he no longer wants atvs out there. Maybe is going to turn into a campground or something, even perhaps clear it out and build homes.

Old 06-19-2017, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by greg74
Looks like a former golf course. Maybe the owner is going to renovate the property, hence the reason he no longer wants atvs out there. Maybe is going to turn into a campground or something, even perhaps clear it out and build homes.
it is a former golf course, and yeah that is a good possiabilty would have to start from scratch to turn it back into a golf course

Old 06-19-2017, 03:41 PM
Moto Psycho

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all covered with houses some day. No matter what becomes of it that's someone's private property and no one should be on it.

When my brothers and I had some property with a cabin on it I didn't like it when a bunch of snowmobiles came across the front yard one day. The camp road (driveway) has always had a cable across it or before that a chain across it. They had to have seen the private property, no trespassing signs. There's just no way to miss them. And they either lifted the cable up and squeezed through under it or found a way through the trees to get around it. Either way they made an effort to trespass after they saw the signs. When they all started driving through the front yard I went out and fired a warning shot in the air. They all kept going until they got to the garden. Then they turned around in the garden and left the way they came in. If they came back again I'd be tempted to put the next warning shot right into their snowmobile.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I wouldn't be surprised if it's all covered with houses some day. No matter what becomes of it that's someone's private property and no one should be on it.

When my brothers and I had some property with a cabin on it I didn't like it when a bunch of snowmobiles came across the front yard one day. The camp road (driveway) has always had a cable across it or before that a chain across it. They had to have seen the private property, no trespassing signs. There's just no way to miss them. And they either lifted the cable up and squeezed through under it or found a way through the trees to get around it. Either way they made an effort to trespass after they saw the signs. When they all started driving through the front yard I went out and fired a warning shot in the air. They all kept going until they got to the garden. Then they turned around in the garden and left the way they came in. If they came back again I'd be tempted to put the next warning shot right into their snowmobile.

I agree i wouldn't like it if people were coming on my property after i put up no trespassing signs, i defiantly dont plan on going back after seeing that sign, i wasn't crossing chains or going past no tesspassing signs but now that there is a sign up im going to stay away

Old 06-19-2017, 11:08 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by floridarider14
I agree i wouldn't like it if people were coming on my property after i put up no trespassing signs, i defiantly dont plan on going back after seeing that sign, i wasn't crossing chains or going past no tesspassing signs but now that there is a sign up im going to stay away
It's good that you aren't going back after seeing the sign. It shows you have some morals that other people may lack. Plus IMO it's easier to avoid trouble than it is to get out of it. People who go around breaking the rules should expect to eventually get caught and pay the price. I don't like having to pay the price and try to do the right thing. Most of the time.