ATV Videos Post and view entertaining videos running the gammut from spectacular crashes to crazy stunts to everything else involving a quad.

New Mexico-riding/camping for the last 16 years

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mexico-riding/camping for the last 16 years

Went through over 3000 Digital photo's over the last 16 years of taking pic's here in NM.
These photo's are rolled into a fast pace still-video, covers almost the entire state from far north with the Northern Carson National Forest near the Colorado State line to T or C area in the southern part of NM on BLM land. I ride 90% of the Time in the Santa Fe National Forest-west side, Northwest of Albuquerque. Lincoln NF is near Cloudcroft in the Southeast section of NM, Sippapu Ski Area is in Carson NF east of Santa Fe NM, Mt.Taylor is in Cebola NF near Grants, along I-40.
I added a Music Theme to this Video, so the music is mostly sync with the photo's.
Click on HD if it isn't already in HD, Full Screen and speakers on.
This Still-Video is under 6 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keMj...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Great pics. Was that a hot spring at about 1:12? Brother just bought some land in New Mexico and has traveled around the state. Sounds like a great state to ride.

Old 12-26-2018, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Great pics. Was that a hot spring at about 1:12? Brother just bought some land in New Mexico and has traveled around the state. Sounds like a great state to ride.
More around 1:22 but further down the canyon on the north side of San Antonio Canyon, there are a few others only accessable by foot along Highway 4 north of Jemez Springs Village which is in the Santa Fe National Forest in the Jemez Ranger District. The Valle Grande located West of Los Alamos on State Road 4 is a ancient Volcano, now it is part of the National Park Service, no riding in there but full size vehicles are fine, there are Hot Springs there too.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:44 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great collection of pics but I like it better muted. I'm jealous of all the different scenery.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Big Frank
That's a great collection of pics but I like it better muted. I'm jealous of all the different scenery.
Yep, that is what the mute button is for.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:39 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I didn't mean to offend you SWBF. I have other things muted too. I just noticed WeatherBug blinking in my taskbar, without that annoying sound it has when it's not muted. There's a winter weather advisory where I ride but not here. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees here tomorrow. Not winter-like weather at all. And I'm still jealous because all I see when I ride is trees. When I ride a different trail all I see are trees there.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

Not offended at all Big Frank, I just meant I understand the reason for the mute, it is up to the viewer, I use it allot on one my friends Vid's when he adds in acid rock!

We do have allot of different terrain here to offer depending on what part of the State you are in. One area I had on that photo-video is no longer accessable "San Antonio Canyon/Stream" as the Forest Service gated it off-limits last summer. There are ton's of other area's we can access though, with challenging trails, beautiful scenery and at most times never seeing anybody else all day long.

Old 12-30-2018, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

I did a revise of the above still-video (the 1st vid is and will stay posted on youtube), I added a few more pic's and took some out from the 1st NM Vid but it still looks close to the 1st NM Vid. I used a different music theme, added some 3D special effects and even though it has more photo's in the revised NM video, this one is at 5 minutes-10 seconds long. Because of the music theme I used on the revised Vid, this Vid clips right along at different times.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:18 PM
THE BERMINATOR

It looks like more pics are labeled, if I remember right. After a few days I don't trust my memory but that was the impression I got.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Big Frank
It looks like more pics are labeled, if I remember right. After a few days I don't trust my memory but that was the impression I got.
Yep, a bit better titles, I added some new Photo's and took out some, added 3D special effects and some more motioning to some of the photo's and I changed the music for a faster clip of the video.
Some of the friends I rode with in the photo's couldn't remember where all the area's were locate so I revised the video a little, the 1st NM Pic-video I'll keep on youtube too.