ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Buying an ATV (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/)
-   -   How do you haul two ATVs in one truck? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/136487-how-do-you-haul-two-atvs-one-truck.html)

ryangibson 02-03-2004 07:26 PM

How do you haul two ATVs in one truck?

I am planning on buying a second ATV here in a month or so, and eventually, a trailer. However, until then, is there any way to haul two ATVs in an 8 foot bed?

I've seen somebody "piggyback" them by putting the front wheels of one on the cab, and the second one with the front end on the seat of the first one...but that doesn't sound good for either the cab or the seat/plastic of the first ATV...any other ideas?

deautaronomy 02-03-2004 07:52 PM

Turn gas off -up on grab bars tire to tire ,Bound together - Straped to the bed. Never did it but it sounds good. A one Quad trailer is pretty cheap- They sell them at the tool outlets, $200 just add a sheet of 4by 8 sheet of ply wood.

ryangibson 02-03-2004 08:07 PM

The one quad trailer thing sounds pretty good. I didn't know you could pick one up that cheap.

As far as putting the wheelers on their grab bars...maybe when I'm fresh, but I can't imagine trying to do that after a day of riding...definatly an option though.

Iceman1874 02-03-2004 09:18 PM

You have to watch what type of trailer you get. Some of these mail order catalogs sell trailer but the are not approved for over the road. Do some research first. BTW I paid approx 700 for a 10 X 12 utility trailer.

MXRaptor 02-04-2004 02:34 AM

this is what we do in our longbed with a raptor and my dads yfz...roll the first one in on the right side and put it halfway up on that side of the bed, then take the second quad, roll it in backwards and have them kinda leaning on eachother but having their handlebars missing eachother...we dont like abusing our stuff either and the plastic on plastic contact doesnt hurt a thing so it should be fine...we just bought a toy hauler too but it only has room for the sandcar and the 2 yz450f's so you should try that

ps...and strap them in of course haha

ryangibson 02-04-2004 09:51 AM

Has anyone tried one of those ATV carriers that just fits in your hitch, and is supposed to extend the effective length of your bed? They are pretty cheap (compared to a trailer) and I don't really want to buy a $500-$700 trailor right now, since I'm saving up for a toy hauler in a year or two...

MXRaptor 02-04-2004 05:43 PM

yeah we had one of those then when we were going out to our ranch in pozo, and we went down this bumpy road, the arm snapped off...quad was fine but it sucked but you can get one of those things that slides out the entire length of your bed...my dad has one for tools and such so you can set them on then roll the thing back into the bed and shut the tail gate and camper...it works great, we can fit 4 atvs in the bed of our truck

NGK425 02-04-2004 05:59 PM

hey mxraptor,

my dad has one for tools and such so you can set them on then roll the thing back into the bed and shut the tail gate and camper...it works great, we can fit 4 atvs in the bed of our truck
any chance in getting a website where I can take a look at one of those atv/tool haulers? sounds almost too good to be true.

Lt250rKid 02-04-2004 07:23 PM

If you have the March issue of dirtwheels magazine look on page 170 there is an advertisement for a rack that goes in the back of your truck and you can carry three quads. There phone # is (321)632-8600

------------------------------------
1986 Lt250R Quadracer

nwcutie 02-05-2004 02:24 AM

Originally posted by: MXRaptor
but you can get one of those things that slides out the entire length of your bed...my dad has one for tools and such so you can set them on then roll the thing back into the bed and shut the tail gate and camper...it works great, we can fit 4 atvs in the bed of our truck
I'd like more info on this - would like to be able to haul 4 quads. Right now, we stand three up in the back of my long bed pick up, but the little guy is wanting his own quad, "sigh"