Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?

Just curious about whether people were buying with cash or signing a note.

Also.. Does anyone listen to Dave Ramsey?

Old 03-16-2004, 02:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?

cash

Notes arent good,,,,unless the interest rate is so good that your cash would be better off invested elsewhere.

If it isnt an absolute necessity(car, house),,,,,stay away from notes.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Cash only. I don't buy anything (except a house) by taking out a loan.

This doesn't mean I have a lot of money, just that I don't buy a lot, and I drive a 1991 Suburban with 203,000 miles on it.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Great philosophy.

I don't even use finanacing for cars. If you can make a payment to yourself for 4 or 5 years while driving a paid for car you can pretty much buy any car you want with cash.

I do think that it is necessary to finance the house but Definitely not a quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

im financing. because u only live once, and i figure if i can afford it y not get it.

Old 03-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm financing too.......................LoL... a Roth IRA so I'll have a little money when I retire.

It is true that you only live once but I just want to be comfortable when I'm old...if I get old.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

by the way Super...

Love the GN. I bet you suprise a lot of imports with that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 03-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

Cash all the way. cash talks in a dealership. Save up and buy!

Financing is only for the things you can never save up for to buy.
Like house, new car/truck, ect.

$50/week stashed away equals $2600/year. Adds up pretty quick.

If you are the impatient type, financing is your only option.
Of course that means you will be paying twice as much.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

Financing is fine as long as the rate is less than your after-tax rate on your investments (stocks, mutual funds, etc.).

Old 03-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sometimes stores have a deal where you get so much off if you get a credit card. Lowes had a similar deal when I bought a clothes washer there. They give you so much off and 3 months before you have to make a payment. So I take the discount and then pay the item off in full before the first payment is due. Then I cancel out the account so I can take the discount again at a later time with another item.

I paid most of my quad off with a down payment. Then I took out a loan for the remaining amount. I had three months before the first payment. Then I paid the loan off right before the first payment. I paid about $4.00 in interest because I waited too long to send the check out. They actually sent me $1.00 something back. I don't know why I didn't just pay it off in full from the start. I guess I don't like to let go of my money until I really have to.

My last quad I paid cash out the door.

Quick Reply: Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?