Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

ATV or Dirt Bike--Which is safer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV or Dirt Bike--Which is safer?

Originally posted by: Jarod
the simple answer is neither!!! if you're riding up STEEP hills and the quads tips back, it tumbles down the hill, the bike will just stay on the side of the hill, but bikes are also alot harder to learn to ride, and are lighter (easyer to wheelie) and quadracer13 is correct, you can (most likely) go faster on the dirtbike and thus get into worse trouble.
jarod i guess youd better stick to things with four wheels and that moped

Old 12-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile

I completely disagree with the others, to be honest, O.O..... I ride four wheelers a lot or used to at least ever since I was 5, to be honest... I think they are more easy to ride with me there is more security unless you are going on the side of a steep hill then oooh your in danger... but for starter I would suggest it definitely they are awesome and easy to ride and if you are in gravel or sand or mud u won't swivel and have chances of a crash as easy.. I would prefer the four-wheeler (ATV).. and if your going camping they are the best thing to have besides a razor ;p

Old 12-05-2017, 11:45 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A dirt bike weighs less so it won't hurt as bad if it falls on you, but I saw a guy dump his bike on level ground where a quad was super stable. They both have dangers but dirt bikes just aren't for me.

P.S. This thread is over 13 years old. It should have had more comments by now.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Country Rider

An ATV is defiantly safer because their is less risk of falling. Its easy to hit a sand spot, a root, or a a bump and crash. ATV is safer, only thing is be carful on turns

Old 12-30-2017, 07:53 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've crashed an ATV more than once without getting hurt or damaging anything more than the front bumper. If dirt bikes had bumpers and nerf bars they might be safer but would be nearly as big as a quad so there wouldn't be any point to it.