Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Ozark/ Recon prices...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ozark/ Recon prices...

She gave me an OTD price on the 250EX of 3266.00 and I see onthe web site that
Honda has a "buy red" program going on right now, and you print off a certificate on the web and take it with you, when you purchase the machine, you get $200 in "bonus bucks" that you can spend on helmets or accessories at the time you buy the quad....
I hope the dealer will "honor" the certificate... its from honda's website....
should be valid..?

Well, I think that since I was going to go with a recon or ozark..... I ***think*** I am going to go with the 250ex

your right,... it has no clutch...so it will be easier for me to ride....and I still have my Kodiak
for my stall cleaning and hay hauling....so I should be covered in the "quad dept"...
I think I will look at getting the "nerf bars" for the bottom.... I just dont like the "open" space of the foot pegs.....

And I think it may be more fun than the Recon for trails... or mud puddles....
I hope to be able to go and pick it up by Friday.....
I "think" I have made up my mind..... But I swear I will visit the Websites of Suzuki and Honda 100 more times between now and then.....
<sigh>,,,,,,,hahahaha[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks for all your help......Its great to have all of your experience to bounce ideas off of....
I really DO appreciate it.....
Deb

Old 06-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bonus bucks can be applied towards the cost of a quad. Just make sure the dealer hasn't already appied them to the cost. On the price they gave you. You might be able to get it for $3066. Out the Door. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If they tell you that the bonus bucks have already been applied. Tell them that they didn't mention that before and you didn't tell them that you wanted it to go towards the price. (even though you might) Tell them you'll buy it for the $3066. including bonus bucks "Out the Door". (if that's what you want to do) The only thing they can do is say "no".

Unless, you'd like to use the bonus bucks to buy items.

Old 06-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

Well shoot.....
they DID NOT tell me that they were using any rebates.....and the price "retail" is 3499
so $3266 isnt that "big" of a deal....
I wonder if I should call her and ask...?? or should I just pleasd ignorance and wait untill I pick it up and try to "wiggle a new helmet out of her".... that is what I was going to use it for... anyway......
does honda repay them for used bonus bucks.??? or are they expected to eat the cost...??

hum.... well I suppose I should "expect" that maybe they have used them...and try to get them to let me use them, and if not..... well...not much I can do....

Can they use them WITHOUT telling you..?????
seems like fraud to me.....
Can you use them for "purchase"....the one I printed off says for accessories etc...
I suppose "purchase" is in the "ect"......
Should I call..??
dang I thought I WAS getting a deal...hahah
Deb

Old 06-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would make sure you do all of your bargaining before you sign any paperwork. Some dealers might apply the bonus bucks without saying. Did you get the price over the phone or did you go in? I think the bonus bucks are supplied by the manufacturer to help their product sell. Like a rebate. This makes it possible to offer the product at a lower price.

I thought there was an issue with dealerships just applying the bucks without giving the customer a choice. I thought I had some paperwork about it. I can't find it now. I thought the customer had to sign a paper saying that they chose how to use the bucks. I might be going crazy because I can't find it now.

I think my dealership asked me if I wanted to apply them to the final price. When I was asking for a price.

As long as you haven't signed the paperwork, there's a lot you can do. Remember that they are in business to sell atv's. They want your money and you want to keep some of your money. Just a thought-The bonus bucks state that you'll be resposible for the tax on the items bought with bonus bucks. This also limits you to the products they have at the dealership. (I'm not sure if items can be ordered.) It also makes it so you can't price around for things like helmets and locks you into the price they have on their helmets. It might be better to apply the bucks to the price of the atv. Unless they happen to have a product that you want at a good price.

I would consider calling at least one more place to compare prices for the 250ex. This would give you some leverage. You could say that this place will sell it for this price. You could call and ask if the first price included the bonus bucks. I have a feeling they'll say yes. If they do, make sure you point out that they did not tell you that and you did not say that you wanted it applied towards the price. Then you have a few choices. Buy it for the higher price at $3266. (which isn't too bad), Tell them you thought it didn't include the bucks and you were going to use them to purchase some stuff. You could offer to buy it for $3066. (out the door) and see if they bite. You could price around more. You could have a price ready and then tell them that you can buy it elsewhere unless they want to beat the price. You can do a lot of things. Just don't get angry.

Remember to make sure that the prices are the Out the Door price and include ALL cost. Don't let them surprise you with extra cost later.

Also remember that the worst thing they can do is say "no". It doesn't hurt to push for a cheaper price.
Good luck.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Remember that the sales people talk to a lot of people during the day. A lot of people act like they are going to buy and don't for whatever reason. Let them know that you've decided on that specific quad and are planning to buy very soon. Hopefully, they'll give you a better price than if they don't think you're serious.

It doesn't mean that you have to buy it there. Just that you expect a serious price because you are a serious buyer. You can always change your mind later.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 04:41 PM
Trailblazer

Ok.... good points...

I did call and get the "recon" price of 3080.00 over the phone... so I am sure it could be "lowered some"

I went Friday night to see the recon.... spoke with the same lady.... I asked her to give me a price on the 250ex and she figured it out and said that the 250ex is the same price as the Recon ES
and that the price would be 3266.00
That price is a little lower since they DO not charge any set up fees ...
the only thing they add is Tax and $11 title....
I will also be using this as "farm".... so there is no tax figured into that price....
so the "retail" price of the 250EX is 3499.00 so if they took the 200 BB that would make it 3299.00
and that would mean that they didnt go a dime lower than retail....so I would think that if they tell me that they DID apply the BB to the price.....then at least I could have some "dicker room"..??
at least get a free helmet or something.....
dont you agree that *most dealers do sell lower than MSRP...???
I will have cash, as well, so I think it may be better to NOT call.....wait untill I am there friday with CASH
to pick it up.... tell them I want to use BB to buy a helmet...and when they tell me ...."oh sorry, we used those in the price"... I will tell them (with a smile on my face...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] do you want my cash or not.....hahah
think that will work....<evil grin>?????
I hate to call them, because like you said, its hard to "deal" when your not face to face.......I did call her to tell her I would be picking it up Friday, for that price OTD....... they only had one yellow left....
she said she would hold it untill then....

Old 06-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I do think that most dealers do sell below MSRP. It does depend on the atv model. The YFZ 450 might not sell as low under retail as a 250ex. The price isn't as good because it doesn't include tax. It's good that you don't have to pay tax. They just aren't going down as low as they could. That is another $200. they should or could go down.

When I bought my 2001 Recon the retail was at $3499.00 for the semi-auto foot shift. I paid $3300.00 out the door including tax, title work, transfers, licenses, and they threw in a hitch.

You've kinda committed yourself to the purchase now. Make sure you mention the bonus bucks before you sign anything. The most important thing is that you feel good about the purchase. Good luck and let me know how things work out.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the tips....

I think that I will plead "stupid".....
Had I not spoke with you, I would have ASSumed that I could use the bucks at the time of purchase for equipment anyway.......
At least now I know that "that may not be the case"..... and I wont be shocked.....
I think the price is fair, its the cheapest I have found..... the BOnus bucks will be the "extra"
I hope that if they have included them in the price..... then I should have some bargain room on them throwing in a helmet, I would think.....
Certainly they wont spoil a sale in cash, over an $80 helmet...........I wouldnt think anyhow....
and I suppose if they throw a fit, and dont tell me they were scamming the bonus bucks.....
then There are a few other dealers in the area.....Suzuki right across the street...hahaha

I will let you know how it goes......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks
DEb

Old 06-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

get the Ozark... WHen my parents first bought quads, we looked at the ozark and the recon and I rode both and the ozark has MUCH better suspension and accelerates better. The Ozark also looks a lot better!!!!!!!! if you are looking at the sport ones, get the Z-250 it is also a hair faster than the 250ex in my opinion

Quick Reply: Ozark/ Recon prices...