Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

New 90cc kid quad from Eton

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-1999, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

posted 10-11-1999 12:45 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday while out at our local cycle park, I had the opportUnity to test ride the new Eton quad. Formally called the Impuls, it's a 90cc 2 stroke, electric start with oil injection. It has a unique a-frame mounting system which extends back to just under the swing arm mount, eliminating much, if not all of the chain flex when the machine is traveling over rough terrain or jumping.I would expect that the system aids some what in adding to the stability of the little machine.Due to time constraints I was only able to take the bike around the beginner track one lap, but I was amazed at the speed & handling it had over the small jumps & whoop section. The track has a 180 deg turn with a good berm & I was able to cut in low & inside and get the rear end to break loose & shoot out of the turn quite quickly. It was hard to realize this was only a 90cc. Unfortunately I wan't able to find out more details on dealers or other tech info on the little auto tranny bomb other than the suggested retail price of about $2200.
If you're looking for a first quad for your little six to ten or eleven yr old, I'd certainly look hard at the Eton. It's made in Taiwan, by the way, & has a throttle speed adjuster also, for parent's peace of mind.
THE AZ HARD PACKER,

------------------
save your riding area! join the Blue Ribbon Coalition online @www.sharetrails.org