Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Recommend an ATV for a woman

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend an ATV for a woman

I ended up with the Polaris Sportsman 400...and I LOVE it! It is a blast to drive, and yes, probably more power than I need. Several lines of thought went into selecting this machine...My sister and her family are on their 3rd Polaris and have had very few problems with them. I liked the looks of it (bright yellow with cool graphics...hey what can I say!), it steered easier than some of the others I tried, it fit me comfortably (seat, handles, getting on and off), had on demand 4 wheel drive, and I liked the independent rear suspension. I also liked the dealership and the manager that sold it to us...(don't laugh...Honda would have warranted more of my attention if the salesman wouldn't have been such a condescending, egotistical, "what's a woman buying an ATV for" jerk!)

Now then, the rest of the story. My husband bought a Bombardier Outlander 2 Up so our daughter can ride along, and my son got the Predator 90. We took them out with our friends last Sunday and put about 25 miles on and had an absolute great time. Unfortunately, just when I was thinking "life is good" as we were riding...I got a phone call that my mother had been in a terrible car accident and ended up in ICU 200 miles away. All of last week and now the next several days will be spent with her getting her through several surgeries, and ultimately bone and skin grafting. Now, I am guessing my riding time will be limited in the next several weeks.

We also got a covered wedge nosed trailer for hauling them and for their garage!

Thanks for all of your replies and as somebody said...I am sorry we didn't make these purchases earlier. I told my husband we have waited a long time for our toys and damn, I do enjoy them!