ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Buying an ATV (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/)
-   -   Opinions on new 4x4 (https://atvconnection.com/forums/buying-atv/1667-opinions-new-4x4.html)

Bob4x4 11-10-1999 02:56 PM

I have been out of atving for about 12yrs. Previously I was only Interested in sport machines, Honda ATC 250r, 350X, are what I owned. Now that I have a wife and kids my interests have changed, I would like anyones opinion on a good machine for me. It must be 4x4, able to plow snow, and be sporty enough to be fun on the trails. One other thing , no belt drive autos, I'll stick with the belt on my snowmobile,but not on an atv. thanks in advance.

CThorpe 11-10-1999 10:23 PM

Big mistake leaving the Belt autos off your list. Good luck!

3cross 11-11-1999 07:00 AM

I recomend the wolverine and or the new bear tracker. Do to you requesting a machine thats sporty yet powerful for working and plowing, both these machines are light agile and Have the power to any work ya need of it.
The bear Tracker is Utility based,
While the Wolverine is more sport based.

Bob4x4 11-11-1999 03:34 PM

Thanks for replying 3cross. I've looked at Yamaha's Big Bear 400. It looks like a nice machine. I haven't been able to see a Wolverine or Beartracker as none the dealers in my area have any in stock. However, the Big Bear 400 did impress me. I also am waiting to see a Honda Rancher but they are selling like hotcakes in my area and no dealer has any in stock. Thanks for your reply. I will look at the Wolverine closer.

3cross 11-12-1999 03:46 AM

In all do respect for the AC 500. It is a great machine and does have plenty of Tourque.
But the individual was lookin for a sporty machine as well. The artic cat weighing in at 645lbs is not very sporty! The big bear is 557lbs. While the wolverine is only 485lbs.

Also in tight situations The big bear and wolverine have tighter turning radius.

The artic cat is a great Utility machine for farming and or work related fields. With great payloads and rack capacity. At a somewhat reasonable price.

If you owned a 250r and or a 350x. You have a feel for Sport riding! To you the AC will feel sluggish on the mid to high end. Though the independant rear suspension is plenty smooth. It tends to Feel Loose and or Sways at more aggresive speeds. And you will Quickly Overrev and beg for more when you do ride solo.
Do some research! Check out the stats on all the machines versues the prices available. Ask as many questions as ya can.

I have owned or have been riding extensivly many weekends on the following machines.
250r, Warrior, 400ex, 300ex, Banshee, Wolverine, Kodiak, and the Polaris Sportsman.
I work part time In ATV Sales. And I deal with all them on a regular basis.

wolfy 11-14-1999 01:08 AM

I recommend the wolverine It's the best quad I have rode yet. It goes places my friend's don't think possilble. It's very reliablle as long as you take care of it. I've had a few problems due to neglect. But it was a great improvement over the t-wolf 2wd i used to have.