Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

thinking about an atv advice please

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about an atv advice please

i am new to your forums but i have allready learned something thks.

i need something that is tuff and rugged as i can and do brake anything while trying not to. but every one i have talked to said atvs are tuffer than i am, so i am sure thinking of giving it a shot. i really want some thing that is fun to ride but can still work some. i have riden birt bikes and really like them, i was told that a 4 wheeler was kinda like that. well not from what i have rode but i still liked it, more in many ways. i am 5' 10" and 230 and despite my spelling i am 28 so i am thinking i want a larger atv.
i plan on useing it for hunting so it should be 4x4(must be part time if 4x) but that knida puts a cool on the fun part. has to be auto trans as my girlfreind who will be riding it to has ankle problems, agein with the cold watter.
so fare i have had a chance to ride afew not mutch time on any but some.
kawasaki 300 prairie 4x4 full time, not the zip i want and hard to steer, and tried to bounce across the road. but i am shure it would do anything i need.
honda rancher, same might have a little easer steering.
polaris sportsman 500. real nice. fast tight turns a little strange when you get back into the gas, mabe a little heavy, not as quick as i would like but anuf to get the heart going
raptor 660 now that is a ride, the most fun i have had on 4 wheels. but 2x, standard and no rack
honda 400 some thing (sport). i allmost KILLED myself but loved it. found out the owner had done something with gas lever and it moved half as mutch to get to the same place and i didnt rember this going to 3rd gear cluch gas sh**, no wreck but my frist wheely on 4 wheels. but still 2 wd, standard, and no rack.
suzuki tween peaks 700 very nice good mix of fun and usefull. pricey for me but mabe
any way the mane thing is i need some thing that will last, its going to take me a long time to pay off and i would rather pay a little more and get some thing that will last, than have to pay for something i cant afford to get fixed. i am not shure about irs more moving parts and seals to warry with. i dont really want a chain drive have lived with that. i would like 4 stroke.

thank you for any and all help, advice, or just comits
john

Old 08-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Trailblazer

Well, you'll need to try them all and decide for your self. I'm sure you'll get lots of recomendations but it boils down to what you like. I'd say take a look at the Bombardier Outlander 400HO. Sporty, quick, selectable 4x4, good front diff, very plush ride. Select the XT model and you get a winch, bumpers, hand guards. They come with a 3 yr warranty right now too.

Old 08-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

thank you. i have been trying but the nerest dealers are 90 miles from here. i had a chance to look at the bombardiers i actuly liked the maxs best but they wouldn't let me ride them all new no miles.

thanks again
john

Old 08-31-2004, 05:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like you could use a prairie 650 or 700. If you buy it used, it should be too outragous. Very good 4wd system, auto, very strong, and should be fast enough to scare you.

Old 09-01-2004, 06:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

thank you
is there mutch difference between the 650 and the 700.
to be honest all but the kawasaki 300 and the rancher have been been faster than i am shure about going. but i really like the low end power of the tween peaks and the sport bikes.
john

are they bikes?