Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Convincing the Wife

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 04:32 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Convincing the Wife

Don't ever try to bribe your wife by asking who's gonna dial 911 when you get hurt real bad!

It don't go over too good! lol! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2004, 05:21 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: Girlygirl
oh poor guy. chances are that she'll never want to ride. my bfs buddy is in the same situation excpt she gets PISSED when he goes riding. he has only went riding a couple times since he bought his raptor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] now shes pregnant. its all over for him he'll be selling it soon.

There has got to be a way to attach a child safety seat to your quad! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sportsman yes. Her legs would ride on the fenders and there were no footings or hand holds. To tight of fit.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

i just told my mom that " You gave my brother the 250 fourtrax and the 300 bayou and he doged both of them no im stuck with the 70 please buy me something around a 200cc used or new dosent matter!" for Christmas ( 2 months later) i was sitting on the bayou and she said she dont like it shes a honda gurl so i got the more powerful Honda Recon bran new 01 model (I MISS IT) and from there i got the rancher i went in 1/2 with my brother who has matured and we sold them bc he had no time to ride and i got into sport quads and here i am with my lil beasty 250x [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] GOOD LUCK but if you get a new 1 which kind will u purchase?

Old 09-29-2004, 03:28 AM
Trailblazer

Yes my wife thinks I am going thru a mid-life crises (50) but figures the quads are better than carousing.

Old 09-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just say please.

Old 09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

My wife had a passing interest at best with ATVs when we got married. When we met I had been out of riding for almost 5 years. I went a long time without one because of other financial priorities, like buying and sellling 2 houses in 4 years. I bugged her for two years here and there about getting a new quad. This year she got a better job and I got a raise and I got the Warrior, with her backing, and on the condition that I put a trailer hitch on it to tow a small Swisher mower.

She had ridden ATVs a few times, mostly Polaris so she never shifted. But after a few lessons I couldn't get her off it long enough to get a ride in myself. Now she's in love with riding. We are saving for another quad, and she's talking about riding vacations to Canada.

Point is, if you stick by your guns and show your personal commitment to it, maybe she will see it might be a good family thing. Push her a little on WHY she has no interest. Is it a fear of the unknown? Or is she just not the type to EVER be interested? Just dig a little, women will often catch you by suprise.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:38 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: ss97
Just dig a little, women will often catch you by suprise.

You ain't kidding! Let me tell you everything I know about women......!

OK, that pretty much sums it up!

Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

lol yes it dose work because for me it all started with my uncle he bought a 87 Yamaha 300 4x4 and my dad fell in love and bought the Kawasaki bayou 300 for him fourtrax 250 for mom and fourtrax 70 for my brother than i was born in 89 and i go the 70 and my brother took the 250 and mom split the 300 then i got the recon and my brother got the rancher now im on the X and raving about atvs!

Old 09-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

get her a pred and tell her to pin it in 1st gear, then watch her fall on her *** and laugh at her

Quick Reply: Convincing the Wife