Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What to get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to get?

Okay I just want opinions on what to get. I want for racing, not professionally but just something fast, should I get something new like the honda 450 or the yamaha 450yzf? They also have a used 400 ex which looks stock and they have a banshee which looks modded some. What has the best possibility of being the fastest? id prefer a newer one but used is ok. Im thinking banshee, where can I get new plastic for the banshee because the old is pretty beat?

Old 09-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default What to get?

First off, what kind of racing are you talking about......if it is mx, go with the 450r or yfz........xc, same thing.......drag racing, the shee is probably the best there......you can get anything for the shee you ever will want......shees are kinda out of date, that is why you don't want to race them in mx/xc.....

Old 09-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What to get?

Just for riding around and racing if I have any challengers. Im highly considering the trx450 because honda stands behind there stuff and yamaha doesnt from what ive heard. with same drivers which would win in a race? anyone know some aftermarket parts for the 450? would a good banshee or 400ex hang with them? the banshee is modded I know it has customs exhaust, atleast thats what I think it is, it has to chrome pipe that run along the side of the engine, will aftermarket for the banshee stay around for awhile? and where can I get new body plastic for it?

Old 09-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default What to get?

On the straight aways, the banshee is known as the king....the mods for them are endless,,,but if you plan on to hit some mx tracks or some trails down the road then the banshee isn't what you want. On the drag strip the 450's and the shee will be at the top on stock level...modded the banshee will be on top...for trails, the 400ex is known as a God on trails...the 450R is becoming a known trail quad...for mx..the yfz is king with the 450R coming in behind..If I were to pick one..it would be the 450R or the 400ex....remember that the 450 class quads you will have to rebuild the top end probably 100 to 150 hours...if I were just doing straight away drags...then I would get the banshee...

as for the plastic..you might try partsland.com

Old 10-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default What to get?

I had a modded banshee, so I know how fast they are. I've rode at least a dozen different 400 ex's ( and I'm sure this is going to hurt somebody's feel bads but) WHAT A DOG! The 400 ex is down right slow and pathetic compared to the other bikes you mentioned. Just telling the truth 400 ex owners.