Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Hammerhead Twister Vs Dazon Raider Max

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hammerhead Twister Vs Dazon Raider Max

G'day Everyone,

Would appreciate any information. I have read quite a bit about the Twister on this forum. Seems there are those fore and against it. As I posted previously, there is not much here in Aust to choice from, not in the form of a buggy or kart. Quad and trike bikes are all the go but not the buggies. Then I found a dealer that sells the Dazon. Look great but don't they all...

Anyone able to give me a run down on these little beauties?

Thanks,

Digga[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

If it's not bad enough we don't have much to choose from, a dealer here who is flogging the Twister Hammerhead, has made a deal to sell the Dazon raider but negelected to tell me they were doing so as he wanted to rid himself of the Twister. I could have bought it but luckily I looked around and finally learnt about the Dazon and who and where they are being sold down here....

Old 11-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just purchased a Twister 2 weeks ago. Took it out to Ocotillo Wells and managed to put 80 miles (GPS) on it in two days. I manages to get it up to 32.6 mph but I think it will go faster after break-in or minor modifications. Took it on a long trail ride with the two-wheelers and the quads and managed to stay with the group over all of the terrain. I was thouroughly impressed being it carried two people. One of the kids two-stroke 80cc broke down. We strapped it on the back of the Twister and carried it back to camp. The Twister is ideal for me (bad right knee) since dirt bikes and quads are too rough. I call it the "poor mans quad". I would consider buying a second one but will wait for a bigger engine or consider a similar model (liquid cooled, more power, etc.) Buy the way, when going up the steep hills, once your momentum runs out, the torque will carry you up the hill.

Old 01-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Update from previous post. Recently traveled to Mesa, AZ to pick up the 2005 Twister. The first obvious difference is the larger mudguards on the rear wheels. Then I noticed the exhaust was different but what really threw me was the newly installed oil cooler radiator. The mechanic said that engine had been bored to 175cc. Went to Ocotillo again and with my 10 year old son with me, we managed 45.7 mph (GPS) on the first ride. What an improvement over the 2004 model. The Dazon Raider is probably just as nice and a bit faster, but the Twister is just as fun. Our group now is the proud owners of 8 Twisters.

Old 01-27-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: batman2608
Update from previous post. Recently traveled to Mesa, AZ to pick up the 2005 Twister. The first obvious difference is the larger mudguards on the rear wheels. Then I noticed the exhaust was different but what really threw me was the newly installed oil cooler radiator. The mechanic said that engine had been bored to 175cc. Went to Ocotillo again and with my 10 year old son with me, we managed 45.7 mph (GPS) on the first ride. What an improvement over the 2004 model. The Dazon Raider is probably just as nice and a bit faster, but the Twister is just as fun. Our group now is the proud owners of 8 Twisters.
Ahh,, very interesting. I heard Twister was coming out with this new updated engine.

Good to hear it's working well and running fast.

-Steve